Strontium has announced the launch of its high performance consumer oriented Strontium Swift Series 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD) which offer fast read and write speeds and high SSD capacities, making them ideal storage solution for read-intensive applications requiring high performance and plug-and-play compatibility.
The fast and rugged Strontium Swift 2.5-inch SSD is currently available in 64GB and 128GB capacities and the flash memory-based SSD is ideal alternative to a 7,200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive (HDD) for anyone seeking increased durability and performance with high reliability.
Strontium Swift 2.5-inch solid state drive is designed to offers PC users benefit from enhanced multi-tasking capabilities and improved system responsiveness so their everyday computing experience can be much more productive.
With no moving parts as in traditional hard disk drives, everyday task such as booting up, launching and running applications are much faster with the Strontium Swift 2.5-inch SSD. In addition, with no moving parts, files are less likely to be lost due to disk drive failure providing mobile end-users and others who rely heavily on their data.
The Strontium Swift 2.5-inch SSD comes in a 2.5-inch form factors and supports 1.5/3.0Gbps SATA I/II interface and is fully compliant with Serial ATA Revision 2.6 interface. Available in capacities from 32GB to 256GB, the Swift series SSD is capable of accessing files up to twice as fast as a conventional 7,200 RPM HDD allowing faster boot-ups and improved system responsiveness. In addition, the SSD allows sequential performance of up to 236 MB/sec read speed along with up to 160 MB/sec write transfer speed.
Fast and rugged, Strontium Swift 2.5-inch SSD accelerate application performance and deliver maximum tolerance for drops, shock and vibration along with silent and low-power operation.
The Strontium Swift series SSD is also equipped with internal BCH 8, 12, 16bit/Sector ECC for higher reliability, supports SMART – Self-Monitor Analysis and Reporting Technology, and also supports Dynamic and Static wear leveling.
- MLC NAND Flash and Indilinx controller
- Capacities – 32GB to 256GB
- Supports 1.5/3.0Gbps SATA I/II interface
- Fully Compliant with Serial ATA International Organization: Serial ATA Revision 2.6
- Fully Compliant with ATA/ATAPI-7 Standard
- Up to 236MB/s read as well as 160MB/s write speed
- High reliability based on the internal BCH 8, 12, 16bit/Sector ECC
- Supports SMART (Self-Monitor Analysis and Reporting Technology)
- Supports Dynamic and Static Wear Leveling
- Supports SATA 3.0Gb/s NCQ and AHCI commands
- Supports F/W upgrade function
- Fully Compliant with RoHS directive
- Lower power consumption and CE and FCC compatibility
Strontium Swift 2.5-inch SSD are currently available in 64GB and 128GB capacities. The 64GB SSD is available for Rs. 9,500 while 128GB capacity comes with price tag of Rs. 14,900 with 3 year warranty.