Western Digital has recently introduced its high performance consumer oriented WD SiliconDrive N1x Series 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD) which offer fast read and write speeds and high SSD capacities, making them ideal storage solution for read-intensive applications requiring high performance and plug-and-play compatibility.
The fast and rugged WD SiliconDrive N1x SSD is available in 32GB, 64GB and 128GB capacities and the flash memory-based SSD is ideal alternative to a 7,200 RPM SATA Hard Disk Drive (HDD) for anyone seeking increased durability and performance with high reliability.
WD SiliconDrive N1x solid state drive is designed to offers PC users benefit from enhanced multi-tasking capabilities and improved system responsiveness so their everyday computing experience can be much more productive.
With no moving parts as in traditional hard disk drives, everyday task such as booting up, launching and running applications are much faster with the WD SiliconDrive N1x SSD. In addition, with no moving parts, files are less likely to be lost due to disk drive failure providing mobile end-users and others who rely heavily on their data.
The WD SiliconDrive N1x SSD comes in a 2.5-inch form factors, with a SATA 3.0 Gb/s interface and in capacities of 32-GB, 64-GB and 128-GB and the SSD is capable of accessing files up to twice as fast as a conventional 7,200 RPM HDD allowing faster boot-ups and improved system responsiveness. In addition, the SSD allows sequential performance of up to 240 MB/sec read speed along with up to 140 MB/sec write transfer speed.
Fast and rugged, WD SiliconDrive N1x SSDs accelerate application performance and deliver maximum tolerance for drops, shock and vibration along with silent and low-power operation. Besides it also boasts WD’s Speed Assurance test that delivers a consistent speed, Native Command Queuing and Windows 7 TRIM command support for enhanced data integrity.
The new WD SiliconDrive N1x 2.5-inch SSD has also cleared WD’s own extensive functional integrity testing procedures, which subjected the WD SiliconEdge Blue SSDs to over 250,000 hours of testing to ensure they meet the industry’s highest data integrity, reliability and compatibility standards.
Designed for both read-intensive client/consumer applications and write-intensive, 24/7 OEM applications, WD’s new multi-level cell (MLC) based WD SiliconDrive N1x SSDs feature patented and patent-pending technologies, such as advanced wear-leveling and error correction control, as well as TRIM and NCQ (Native Command Queuing) command support to ensure maximum drive performance and endurance with easy plug and play compatibility.
- WD Launches Fast & Rugged SiliconEdge Blue 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Strontium Launches 2.5-inch Swift Series Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Transcend 2.5-inch SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched in India
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup in India with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- OCZ Unveils Synapse Cache Series Solid State Drive in India
- Transcend mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drive for Small Form Factor Devices Launched in India
- Corsair Launches F90 (90GB) and F180 (180GB) Force Series Solid State Drives (SSDs) in India
- Intel Launched Affordable X25-V Value SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)