Kingston has announced the launch of its new DataTraveler series DT310 USB Flash drive which offers 256-GB capacity and is claimed to be the first 256-GB USB Flash drive ever produced in the world.
Launched in US on 20th Feb 2010, the Kingston’s new DataTraveler 310 replaces the 256-GB DataTraveler 300 flash USB drive which was released in July 2009 in the Asia , Europe, Middle East and Africa markets.
The Kington DT-310 USB flash offers much faster data transfer rates of 25-MB/sec Read and 12-MB/sec of Write data speed and the drive features a protective cap that snaps onto the back for the drive for convenient storage when not in use.
Having dimension of 2.90 x 0.87 x 0.63 inches / 73.70 x 22.20 x 16.10 mm, the Kingston’s DataTravel 310 is compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X and Linux v2.6+ OS.
The DT-310 with Windows 7 or Windows Vista can also be used as additional memory as these platforms are capable of using USB drives for disk caching.
According to Kingston, the 256-GB Kingston’s DT 310 can store up to 365 CDs of 700 MB each, 54 DVDs of 4.7-GB size each or 51,000 images of standard 10-MB size each and the USB flash drive features Password Traveler software, which allows the user to create and access a password-protected privacy zone.
Besides, the secure area of the drive can account for up to 90 percent of the drive’s capacity and does not require exclusive administrator rights and also offers Windows ReadyBoost support.
The new Kingston’s DT-310 (part# DT310/256GB) USB flash drive is available only in 256-GB capacity for the price of about Rs. 52,100 with a five-year warranty.
- Kingston DataTraveler DT110 USB Flash Drive
- Kingston Unveils Data traveler Elite 3.0 USB Flash Drive
- Kingston DataTraveler DT400 USB Flash Drive
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler Mini Fun G2 USB Flash Drive
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler 5000 USB Flash Drive, Offering 256-bit AES Hardware-based Encryption
- Kingston Launches DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 (DTU30) USB 3.0 Based Flash Drive
- Kingston HyperX T1 Black Triple-Channel DDR3 Memory Kits Launched
- Kingston HyperX H2O Water-Cooled Memory Modules Debut
- Kingston Launches 64GB SDXC UHS-1 Class 10 Memory Card