Samsung has announced the launch of its latest full touchscreen mobile phone, the Samsung JET 2 Mobile Phone which is equipped with 3.1-inch AMOLED touch screen, and features TouchWiz 2.0 user interface, WiFi, EDGE, 3G HSDPA, GPS, DNSe & SRS surround sound technology.
Successor to Samsung’s Jet S8000 Touch Phone launched in July 2009, the new Samsung JET 2 handset seems almost identical in design and features to original Samsung S8000 JET phone but include wide range of enhancements mostly in software and user interface front.
The new Samsung JET-2 is quad-band GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 network ready along with 3G HSDPA 2100 MHz network ready mobile phone and is equipped with large 3.1-inch wide 16-Million colors capable, AMOLED display having 480 x 800 pixels screen resolution. AMOLED pixels are capable of turning on and off more than 3 times faster than conventional motion picture film making them ideal for fash action full-motion full HD quality video play.
The full-screen touch-sensitive display is powered by the Capacitive Touch Screen Technology which is equipped with a special oxide layer on top of its screen, which reacts to touches of fingers. A stylus or any sharp pointed objects as data input would not work on this type of screen. All this means that typing up a short message would really be tough exercise on this.
Only 11.9 mm thick, the Samsung JET 2 touchscreen mobile phone comes with 2-GB of internal shared memory and it supports microSD memory card with upto 16-GB with hot-swap functionality for external memory with virtually limitless storage capacity.
The Samsung JET 2 touchecreen phone comes with TouchWIZ technology which has a Widgets feature that enables users to have a selection of widget style mini applications open on its home screen. It comes with 18 Widgets built-in and a whole variety of widgets are available, which users can activate by swiping of a finger, which displays information from the phone, accessing images, music and other content and provide a quick way to access various functions in the handset.
Widgets with drag-and-drop: The simple ‘drag-and-drop’ technology also available in Samsung Pixon M8800 Touchscreen and Samsung Touchwiz F480 Touchscreen phone allows selecting multiple widgets from the left panel of the screen which can simply be dropped anywhere on the main screen. A widgets is small portable chunk of code that can be executed without requiring any additional programming etc. Widgets in Samsung JET 2 phone are made up of widely used applications like calendar, clock and alarms, music player functions, FM radio functions, games etc. The Widget with ‘drag-and-drop’ feature is quick and simple technique which allows the user to set hotkeys for all desired functions on the touch menu.
Weighting just about 110 gms, the Samsung JET 2 Touchscreen mobile phone features integrated 5.0 Megapixels CMOS based 5.70 mm focal length digital camera with 2592 x 1944 pixelss image resolution and it offers Autofocus, 16X digital zoom and built-in LED flash light along with Image Stabilizer for blur-free camera experience. The camera is also equipped with dual LED flash Geotagging, face detection function, autodetect smile and blick detection, and panaroma shot. Additionally the camera is equipped with some more advanced features like image stabilizer (still and video capture) and Wide Dynamic Range (WDR).
The Stylish Samsung JET 2 Touchscreen mobile phone is also capable of recording up to an hour of video with sound in full HD format at 30 fps offers HD quality video. Video recording and decoding formats supported include DivX, XviD, WMV, H.263, 3GPP and MPEG4 video formats. The Samsung JET also sports a secondary VGA resolution camera for videocall.
The Samsung JET 2 Touchscreen mobile handset is armed with mobile tracker feature that helps users track their phone in case they happen to lose it. In an event of being lost, stolen or misplaced, the Mobile Tracker feature sends an SMS prompt to a pre-determined number whenever the SIM card is changed thus improving chances of recovering the handset.
In addition, the Samsung JET 2 mobilephone includes a powerful internal speakerphone and sports SRS Surround Sound System with virtual 5.1 channel support.
Media Player: The Samsung JET2 mobile phone also sports a built-in MP3 media player which which supports Dvix, XviD, MPEG4, MP3, ACC, ACC+, eAAC+, WAV, MIDI, XMF, SMAF, and WMA music formats. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth for stereo sound allows listening to music on bluetooth compatible headset absolutely wire-free.
FM radio: Truly multimedia Samsung JET 2 phone also features integrated FM stereo radio with Visual Radio feature and is capable of playing streaming video (3GPP). The FM radio allows 87.5 – 108 MHz frequency range and handset is also equipped with 2.5 mm AV connector supporting custom Samsung headphones.
Built-in GPS receiver: GPS stands for Global Positioning System. There are over two dozen GPS satellites orbit the Earth and transmit radio signals which allow any GPS receiver on the planet to determine its location, speed and direction.
The Samsung JET 2 touchscreen phone is equipped with built-in GPS receiver with integrated Assisted Global Positioning System (A-GPS) that links to both satellites and local networks for navigatio. Smartphone also supports Geotagging so you can tag a photo to the location you took it and then share with friends
Connectivity: The Touch Sensitive screen equipped Samsung JET 2 mobile phone offers range of connectivity including GPRS Class 12 – with upto 48 kbps speed, EDGE Class 12 – with upto 236.8 kbps speed and 3G HSDPA functionality with upto 3.6 Mbps allowing users super-fast Internet access and share high-resolution images and even heavy video taken with the mobile phone.
In addition, Samsung Jet 2 mobile phone also offers built-in Bluetooth v2.0 with A2DP connection. The wireless Bluetooth v2.0 connection with Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) feature allows listening to music on bluetooth compatible headset absolutely wire-free and in full stereo.
For wired access, Samsung JET 2 handset offers USB v2.0/v1.1 for conventional hook-ups and it also offers MMS and EMS, JAVA support, WAP 2.0 and built-in email client which supports POP3, SMTP & IMAP4 email protocols.
Available in black color, the Samsung JET 2 full touchscreen mobile phone is equipped with offers range of applications including Microsoft Document Viewers for word, excel and powerpoint, Calendar, Scheduler, To do list, Clock, World time, Alarms, Currency Converter, Calculator, Memo Book, Stop Watch, and Count Down Timer. It also sports TV-Out port for direct connection to home TV.
Samsung JET 2 Touchscreen Phone Features
- Quad-band: GSM 850 / GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
- 3G HSDPA 900/2100 MHz
- 16M Colors, 480 x 800 pixels, 3.1-inch AMOLED display
- Full Touchscreen, TouchWiz v2.0 User Interface
- Accelerometer sensor for auto-display-rotate
- 2-GB internal memory (shared)
- microSD memory card (upto 16-GB), hot-swap functionality
- 5.0 Megapixel camera, 2592 x 1944 pixels resolution, 3x digital zoom, Autofocus, Image Stabilizer, Xenon flash, Face Detection, Photo Effects, Macro Mode
- Video recording, 720 x 480 pixels @ 30 fps – MPEG4, 3GPP and H.263 Video Formats
- Video Player, Supports MPEG4, 3GPP and H.263 Video Formats
- Secondary VGA resolution videocall camera
- Video Player, Supports DivX, XviD, H.264, MPEG4, 3GPP and H.263 Video Formats
- Media Player supporting MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WAV, MIDI, XMF, SMAF, and WMA audio file formats
- Polyphonic (72 channels) ringtones / MP3 ringtones
- FM Radio with RDS
- GPRS Class 12, 32 – 48 kbps speed
- EDGE Class 12, 236.8 kbps speed
- 3G, HSDPA, 3.6 Mbps speed
- Bluetooth v2.0 + A2DP
- USB v2.0 port
- WAP 2.0, HTML (PocketIE), Samsung Dolphin Browser
- SMS, MMS, EMS, Messenger, Email, RSS Feed Reader
- WAP 2.0 Browser
- Built-in handsfree speakphone
- Java MIDP 2.0
- Voice Memo
- DNSe, Surround Sound System, 5.1 Channel (virtual)
- 3.5 mm Audio out port
- TV-Out port
- Built-in GPS Receiver with A-GPS Support
- Digital Compass
- Applications – Calendar, Scheduler, To do list, Clock, World time, Alarms, Currency Converter, Calculator, Memo Book, Stop Watch, Count Down Timer
- Document Viewers – MS Office, MS Power Point, PDF
- Li-Ion 1100 mAh standard battery
Stand-by: Up to 400 hours
Talk time: Up to 8 hours
- Dimension: 108.8 x 53.5 x 11.9 mm
- Weight: 113 gms
The Samsung JET 2 includes a Standard Li-Ion 1100 mAh battery which allows upto 400 hours of stand-by time and incredible 8 hours of talk time on full charge and is available across India for Rs. 19,250/- with one year warranty. Visit www.samsung.com/in for more details.
- Samsung B5722 Dual-SIM Touchscreen Phone Launched, Featuring Advanced Mobile Tracker
- Samsung Announces Samsung YP-GB1 Galaxy Media Player Powered by Android OS
- Samsung Corby S3653 Cheapest Touchscreen Phone Launched
- Samsung Corby B3410 Plus With Slideout QWERTY Keypad Launched
- Samsung Launches Champ C330 Touchscreen Phone in India
- Samsung Star Nano 3G (S3370) Touchscreen Phone Launched
- Samsung Jet S8000 Touchscreen Phone Launched
- Samsung Champ C3303 Touchscreen Phone Launched With TouchWiz User Interface
- Samsung Corby Pro B5310 With Slideout QWERTY Keypad Launched