Toshiba has today launched MBF Series Hard Disk Drive which is new high-capacity, high-performance, power-efficient small form factor HDD solution for enterprise applications.
Packing highest capacity at 600-GB, Toshiba MBF series HDD represents the industry’s highest-capacity 2.5-inch enterprise-class HDD.
This MBF Series HDD features Toshiba’s first enterprise-class self-encrypting drive (SED) and meets the exacting standards of the enterprise market with top 10,025 RPM spin speed and a 6-Gb/second data transfer rate with SAS interface for use in mid-range volume servers, mainstream storage arrays, blade and rack-mount servers and other business-critical, power-conscious, data-intensive applications.
Offering SAS 2.0 interface support, the MBF HDDs are available in 300 / 450 and 600 GB capacity and provides 216 Mb/s data transfer rate, 4 ms average Read and 4.4 ms average Write seek time and includes a 16-MB internal buffer memory.
In addition, the Toshiba’s new MBF series HDD also consumes upto 28% less power using a new enhanced power condition state, that enables the HDD to spin at a lower RPM when not in use.
The maximum 600-GB top capacity, 28% lower power consumption and smaller 2.5-inch footprint of Toshiba’s MBF series small form factor enterprise HDDs further enable the growing trend of enterprise system migration from 3.5-inch to 2.5-inch HDDs and optional inclusion of Toshiba’s SED technology supports endpoint protection in data-sensitive environments.
Self-encrypting drive (SED)
Certain models of Toshiba MBF series offer an option of drive-based encryption designed to the Trusted Computing Group (TCG) Enterprise Security Subsystem Class specification which provide standards-based protocols to promote industry-wide adoption by HDD vendors, security management independent software vendors (ISVs), independent hardware vendors (IHVs) and storage system designers.
The self-encrypting drive have become an important component in the enterprise environment with features such as secure erase, which makes the repurpose and retire process easier for organizations that use these drives.
The new Toshiba MBF series HDD is available in 300GB, 450GB and 600GB capacities and will ship in volume in April 2010 with samples available now for design development. Visit www.toshibastorage.com for more details.
- Toshiba Launches Industry’s First 1.8-inch MKxx39GSL Series Hard Drives With LIF-SATA Connectors
- Toshiba Launches MK2035GSS 2.5-Inch 200-GB HDD
- Strontium Rolls Out Key, Spin & Hulk Series USB Flash Drives
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Art Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Toshiba Launches External Desktop Hard Drive; Offers 1TB/2TB Storage
- Corsair FORCE Series 3 Solid State Drives Announced with SATA III 6Gbps Interface
- Toshiba Introduces ‘Alu2 Series’ Portable Hard Drives; offer Complete System Backup and other Enhanced Features
- Seagate Momentus XT 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive Launched
- OCZ Unveils Synapse Cache Series Solid State Drive in India