AMD has announced the launch a latest addition to its popular DirectX 11 HD 5000 series of graphics cards with ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Card, that brings Next-Generation HD Gaming and Multimedia to the mainstream by offering DirectX 11 support and ATI’s Eyefinity multi-display Technology.
Allowing upto 3 display connection simultaneously, The ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card support Microsoft DirectX 11 gaming and computing platform and it offers new innovation viz. ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology and ATI Stream technology among many more and it consumes less than 20 watts under full load, eliminating the need for an external power connection and making installation a snap.
Priced for less than $60 (about Rs. 2,900), the new ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card promises far superior HD gaming experience in the latest DirectX 11 titles by employing ATI Stream technology which boosts performance in video playback and productivity applications besides enabling the full support for Microsoft’s latest Windows 7 operating system.
The AMD ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card is comes equipped with 80 stream processor capable of delivering up to 620 GigaFLOPS of compute power and GDDR5 memory that offering unprecedented gaming performance. The graphic processor unit core engine clocked at 650MHz and ATI Radeon HD 5450 offers upto 1600MHz data rate with GDDR3 memory 1600 MHz memory chips with 64-bit memory bus interface. It cheap @ $60 and features a low profile design, making it ideal for Home Theater PCs (HTPCs).
Users can expect mind boggling gaming performance in the latest Microsoft DirectX 11 titles such as Codemaster’s Colin McRae: DiRT 2, EA Phenomic’s BattleForge , GSC Game World’s S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Call of Pripyat and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 in addition to Microsoft DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 10.1 and OpenGL titles. In addition, it offers Dolby Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio bitstreaming.
AMD also claims that in few of currently popular games, the new ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics processor has shown 20 percent performance improvement over the closest competing product in its class of graphics processors.
The new ATI Radeon HD 5450 graphics card is equipped with ATI Eyefinity technology that enables the graphics card to sustain upto three displays on a single ATI Radeon HD 5250 graphics card, delivering the most real gaming experience. The card also offers extra VGA monitor connectivity using HDMI v1.3 port using a HDMI-to-VGA converter.
Besides ATI Stream technology in the card speeds up video transcoding, improving video playback performance with applications such as Adobe Flash, and helps to deliver video enhancements that produce better visual quality with sharper, more vibrant images.
ATI Radeon HD 5450 Graphics Card Features
- 292 million 40nm transistors
- passively-cooled, so no fan noise
- TeraScale 2 Unified Processing Architecture
- GDDR3/DDR2 memory interface
- PCI Express 2.1 x16 bus interface
- Microsoft DirectX 11 support
- OpenGL 3.2 support
- Image quality enhancement technology
- ATI Eyefinity multi-display technology
- ATI Stream acceleration technology
- ATI CrossFireX multi-GPU technology
- ATI Avivo HD Video & Display technology
- ATI PowerPlay power management technology
- Certified drivers for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP
- Upto 650 MHz Engine clock speed
- 104 GigaFLOPS Processing power (single precision)
- Data fetch rate (32-bit) – 20.8 billion fetches/sec
- Memory clock speed – 400 MHz DDR2 and up to 800 MHz DDR3
- Memory data rate – 0.8 Gbps DDR2 and up to 1.6 Gbps DDR3
- Memory bandwidth – 6.4 GB/sec (DDR2) and up to 12.8 GB/sec (DDR3)
- Typical power – 19.1Watts
- Idle power – 6.4 Watts