HP has launched Mini 210 Netbook PC in India that sports a 10.1-inch diagonal LED display, is only 0.9-inch thick and weighs only 1.22 Kgs (2.69 lb)and is ideal Internet companion you can take everywhere.
The HP Mini 210 ultra-portable is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.66 GHz Intel Single Core Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N450, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility. ATOM N450 is 60 percent smaller than existing ATOM processors and consumes close to 20 percent less power.
The Intel Atom processor N450 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 5.5 watts of power which is less than 1/5th of the an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
This new range of Ultra Portable HP Mini NetBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
Powered by 1.66 GHz, Intel Atom Processor N450, the new HP Mini 210 NetBook is equipped with a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz and a 512-KB of cache with Intel 945GSE + ICH7M Chipset Motherboard and comes with 1-GB DDR2 (533 MHz) SDRAM with max 2-GB in 1 DIMM slots, a upto 250 GB Serial-ATA 5400 rpm 2.5 inch harddisk. There is no support for internal optical drive.
The HP Mini 210 netBook weighs only 1.22 Kgs with 3-cell battery and is equipped with 10.1-inch wide screen Transflective WSVGA HP BrightView Infinity display powered by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3150 graphics chipset with upto 128MB shared video memory offering native resolution of 1048 x 600 in widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio in 16M colors. The graphics chipset supports Direct x 10x acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, and Open GL 1.4.
Windows XP preinstalled, HP Mini 210 netBook comes also features built-in 5-in-1 Memory card reader supporting SD and MMC memory cards, 2 USB v2.0 ports, and IEEE1394 Interface for high speed communication between two devices like transferring images without any quality degradation from a stand alone camera or camcorder to a PC. In addition, it also sports Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN connection along with Bluetooth v2.0 wireless data connection besides integrated 10/100 Ethernet Network connection. There is no internal modem so a USB based external modem could be attached.
It comes preloaded with HP QuickSync software, that allows users to sync files, photos, and videos with their notebook or desktop PC when connected in a LAN besides offering free HP Cloud Drive for online file storage. HP Mini 210 also comes with HP QuickWeb application that allows fast Web surfing and e-mail access.
HP Mini 210 is available in Matte Silver with pattern, Matte Black with pattern, Sonoma Red, Pacific Blue and Solid Black colors and also features a wider touch pad area which provides two modes to avoid the incident touching of Touch Pad when using a mouse.
Other features of HP Mini 210 ultra-mobile netBook PC includes integrated 1.3 MP webcam, 2 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
The HP Mini 210 netbook comes with 3-cell, Li-Ion 5200 mAh 26WHr Battery which provides upto 2.5 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive. With an optional 6-cell battery, it allows upto 9.5 hours of power backup with single charge.
- 2 USB v2.0
- Audio/S-video in
- External Display (VGA)
- External Microphone/Line-In
- Headphone/Line out
- IEEE 1394
- RJ-45 (Ethernet)
- TV/S-Video out port
- 5-in-1 Media Card Reader
HP Mini 210 NetBook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N450, 1.66 GHz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 533 Mhz FSB
- Intel 945GSE + ICH7M Chipset Motherboard
- 1-GB DDR2 (533 MHz), One DIMM slot (Max. 2-GB in 1 slots)
- 160 GB SATA 5400 rpm HDD, optional 250 GB SATA
- No internal Optical Drive
- 10.1-inch widescreen TFT WSVGA HP BrightView Infinity display, 1024 x 600 pixels maximum resolution, 16M colors
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Intel GMA 3150 with shared video memory, supports Direct x 10.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, Open GL 1.4
- HD Audio, Built-in Speakers
- Internal Microphone
- Integrated 1.3 MP resolution Webcam
- 10/100 Ethernet Network Card
- No internal Modem
- 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN Connection
- Bluetooth v2.0 wireless connection
- 5-in-1 Memory card reader, SD/MMC
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 3,
- 3 cell Lithium-Ion Battery with 3.5 hrs backup, 6-cell Li-Ion battery – 9.5 hrs backup
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 261.6 x 166.6 x 25.13 mm
- Weight: 1.22 Kgs (with battery pack)
Intel Atom N450 powered HP Mini 210 ultra-portable NetBook featuring 10.1-inch widescreen display and Windows XP Home OS is available in India for about Rs 16,200 (plus taxes) with standard 1-year carry-in warranty. Visit www.hp.com/country/in/en/ for more details.
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- HP Mini 1129TU Netbook PC
- HP 1001TU Mini NetBook
- HP Updates HP Mini 210 Ultra-portable 10-inch NetBook With Intel ATOM Dual-Core Processors
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India
- Simmtronics 10.2-inch Ultra-portable NetBook
- Toshiba NB250 Mini 10.1-inch Netbook Launched in India; Features Intel ATOM N455 CPU
- Samsung NC10 Ultra-Portable Netbook
- Intex N101-WC1100 Netbook With 10-inch Display Launched