Sony Ericsson has today announced its first Windows Mobile OS 6.5.3 powered touchscreen handset ASPEN Smartphone that offers maximised message experience with its full QWERTY keyboard, finger friendly touch screen interface, rich user interface and powerful productivity tools.
Weighing 135 gms, the Sony Ericsson ASPEN phones is Sony’s latest addition to its eco-friendly GreenHeart product line of handsets and is made from recycled materials. In addition, the phone comes packed in eco-friendly boxes, and is equipped with power management features enabling lower energy consumption.
Available in iconic black and white silver colors, the new eco-friendly Sony Ericsson Aspen smartphoneis powered by Microsoft’s latest Windows Mobile 6.5.3 OS that allows easy multi-tasking and is equipped with a 2.4-inch 65K colors capable QVGA capacitive touchscreen display with 320 x 240 pixel resolution and comes with 100-MB internal storage and supports upto microSD memory card of upto 16-GB capacity. The phone also features Accelerometer that allows Auto rotate images, video and browser window, a media browser, picture wallpaper, and wallpaper animation.
GSM/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900MHz and UMTS 850/900/2100MHz network ready Sony Ericsson ASPEN smartphone measures 17 x 60 x 12.45 mm and it also features a 3.2-megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, FM radio with RDS, a 3.5 mm audio out port, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g, Bluetooth 2.0+A2DP connection, and A-GPS support with Google Maps.
Supporting handwriting recognition, the ASPEN offers few interesting applications that includes Microsoft Today, Facebook, Twitter, Google Maps Latitude, Google Mobile Application, SPB Traveler and Weather combo, Skype, YouTube panel, and Windows Live.
Highlighted Features of Sony Ericsson Aspen Smartphone
- Quadband GSM 850 / 900/ 1800 / 1900
- 3G HSDPA 900/2100
- 2.4-inch, 320 x 240 pixels, 65K colors, TFT touchscreen
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- XPERIA Panels
- Accelerometer for auto-rotation
- 100 MB internal memory
- microSD Card support, 16-GB
- GPRS Class 10
- EDGE Class 10
- 3G HSDPA
- WiFi 802.11 b/g
- Bluetooth 2.0 + A2DP
- microUSB port
- 3.2 MP digital camera, 4X digital zoom, 2048 x 1536 pixels resolution
- Microsoft Mobile 6.5.3 Professional OS
- FM Radio with RDS
- 3.5 mm audio port
- A-GPS support with Google Maps
- USB mass storage support
- Java, Video streaming, video player, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube appls
- Made from recycle materials
- Applications – Adobe PDF Reader, Alarm clock, Calculator, Calendar, Flight mode, Notes, Outlook Mobile, Phone book, Stopwatch, Tasks
- Talktime – 10 hrs
- Standby time – 450 hrs
- Dimension – 117 x 60 x 12.45
- Weight – 130 gms
Though there is no news of its expected price, the Sony Ericsson Aspen is expected to be available in selected markets from Q2 2010.