After all the hype and hotly challenged rumors around the world, Apple’s new tablet computer, the Apple iPad was finally announced on 27th Jan. launched on 27th Jan 2010 and it would initially retail only in US.
Only 0.5-inch thick, the iPod comes equipped with Hi-resolution 9.7-inch color LED backlit IPS multi-touch display with 1024 x 768 pixels resolution and it packs Apple’s own custom new 1.0 Ghz Apple A4 processor, a built-in Wi-Fi 802.11/N and Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR connection. The iPad uses a unique display technology viz. IPS (in-plane switching) allowing a wide, 178° viewing angle, making it very easy to use it any directions and handle it anyway you want.
Resembling more like an over-size Apple’s iPhone, the ipad tablet PC offers 10 hours of battery backup and like the iPhone, is equipped with accelerometer, built-in compass, and integrated speakers. Besides lacking multi-tasking capabilities and support for Flash player, the iPad also lacks expandable memory slot, HDMI port connection, built-in camera and there is not even USB port for plug-and-play attachments.
Some of the iPad’s features presented by Steve Jobs at its launch includes its ability to browsing the Web using Apple’s Safari full browser, built-in email client software with push mail, creating and editing spreadsheets, documents and charts, playing videogames, listening to music and watching stored and streamed movies.
Weighing 0.6 Kgs the revolutionary Apple iPad tablet PC is just 1.3-cm thick and would be available in 16GB, 32GB or 64GB Flash storage choices with standard Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and 3G models in $499, $599 and $699 respectively. The 3G enabled iPad is expected to cost additional US $130.
That the Apple has not as yet indicated its plans for availability and price of iPad for India market makes little difference as India would have to still wait for a while for iPhone 3G S availability primarily on account of indefinite delay in the auction of 3G frequency spectrum to private operator.
- iPad Mini Hits Global Stores in 34 Countries
- New iPad Goes on Sale in India for Rs. 30,500 for 16GB+WiFi Model
- Apple iPad 3 to Hit Stores in India on 27th April 2012
- Apple iPad 2 Launched in India – is 33% Thinner and 15% Lighter than Original iPad
- iPhone 4 Would Be Launched in India by Vodafone Essar
- Apple iPad 2 Announced – is 33% Thinner and 15% Lighter than Original iPad
- Apple Sold Three Million iPads in 80 Days
- Apple’s iOS 4.2 Available for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Devices
- Apple Launches all New ‘MacBook Air’ Notebook With 11-inch and 13-inch Displays