Netgear has today launched its cheapest WNR1000 RangeMax 150 series wireless router in India that offers built-in firewall protection, NAT support, Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), DoS attack prevention, URL filtering, Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) technologies and featuring a built-in 4-port full-duplex 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet switch enabling users to have better connections and boost their performance.
Netgear claims that WNT1000 wireless router provides better wireless coverage than older Wireless-G routers, offers extra performance boost when connected to Wireless-N devices, allows faster web surfing, email, music streaming, playing online games, and Internet phone calls.
Targeted to home and SOHO users, one of the key advantage of this device is that it comes loaded with Smart Wizard which helps in automatic detection and configuration of the router for most of the ISP connections. There is no worry of security as it comes with double layer of security and saves a lot of energy.
Weighing only 0.339 kgs the Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 wireless router is designed to deliver enough bandwidth to simultaneously allow users surf the Internet, stream HD videos, play on-line games, and also make Internet phone calls.
It Netgear WNR1000 Rangemax 150 wireless router also enable users to wirelessly connect to upto 4 other wired devices by using built-in 4-port switch and it allows connection to new devices easily with the latest Push ‘N’ connect feature along with offering automatic adjustment to the needs of Internet, voice, video and gaming applications (QoS).
The compact and antenna-free designed Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 router delivers the highest Wi-Fi performance for today’s Wireless-N notebooks and dual-band adapters while providing simultaneous support for legacy 802.11g devices as well as clients based on 2.4 GHz and/or 5 GHz Wireless-N.
In addition to an array of 8 patented metamaterial internal antennas, the Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 router supports Dual Band – 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies spectrum that helps avoiding interference from household appliances like cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, and even other neighboring Wi-Fi networks, and maximizes wireless performance and range to deliver faster downloads, high-quality media streaming, and better online gaming. The device is also backwards compatible with Wireless-B and Wireless-G devices.
In addition, the Netgear WNR1000 wireless router uses Multiple In, Multiple Out (MIMO) technology that overlays signals of multiple radios and multiplies the effective data rate resulting in greater throughput and coverage over 802.11g networking standard. In contrast to conventional wireless networking technologies confused by signal reflections, the MIMO technology actually uses these reflections to increase the range and reduce dead spots in the wireless coverage area enhancing the overall efficiency of the router.
The WNR1000 wireless router also offers double firewall protection – Network Address translation (NAT) to hide PCs and files from outside users and Stateful package inspection (SPI) firewall that deny outside requests for personal information
It also incorporates Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) that allows users to add computers to the network quickly and securely and is configurable as a wireless repeater for extending dual band range.
The Netgear RangeMax Dual Band wireless router WNR1000 is also equipped with advanced firewall and intrusion prevention (IPS) technology to secure network from external threats, including worms, DDoS attacks and viruses.
The integrated QoS feature in Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 router provides consistent voice and video performance on both the wired and wireless networks allowing deployment of business quality VoIP and video applications.
- 1 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45 ( WAN )
- 4 x Network – Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
- 1 x Network – Radio-Ethernet
Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 Wireless Router Features
- External Wireless Router
- 300 Mbps Wireless Data Transfer Rates
- Dual Band – 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequencies spectrum
- 4 Port Switch
- Push ‘N’ Connect using Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) allows to add computers to the network quickly and securely
- Configurable as a wireless repeater for extending dual band range
- Easy setup with Smart Wizard installation CD
- Dual Band delivers a better connection with more channels, avoiding interference from household devices
- Networking Compliant Standards:
- IEEE 802.11a, 802.11b Gigabit Ethernet
- IEEE 802.11g WiFi Certified
- IEEE 802.11n draft 2.0
- Security Protocols:
IEEE 802.11i (WPA2), WPA-PSK, WPA-Enterprise, 3DES, MD5, WPA, 128-bit WEP, 64-bit WEP
- Automatically firmware checking and updating
- Supports WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) standard
- Modulation Technology – DSSS, OFDM
- SMZ Port, NAT Support, URL Filtering, Firewall protection, DoS Attach Prevention, IDS, SPI
- Routing / Firewall Protoccols: TCP/IP, Network Address Translation (NAT), DHCP
- Double Firewall – NAT to hide PCs and files from outside users and SPI firewall to deny outside requests for personal information
- Web Based Administration
- Four 10/100/1000 Mbps Ports
- Omni-Directional internal Antenna, 2 dBi Gain
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 117 x 118 x 25 mm
- Weight: 0.399 Kgs
The Netgear WNR1000 RangeMax 150 wireless router is available in India through its authorized distributors viz. Rashi Peripherals and Ingram Micro for a price of Rs. 2,950 with 2-year warranty. For more information, please visit www.netgear.com.