Acer has launch another version of its popular Acer Aspire One series netbook, the Acer Aspire One D250 ultra-light netBook in the Indian market, which is powered by Intel Atom N280 Processor and comes preloaded with Google Android and Windows XP in Dual boot setup.
The Acer Aspire One D250 like previously introduced Acer Aspire One and Acer Aspire One AOD150 ultra-portable laptops is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called ‘netBook‘ and it perhaps offers one of the best configurations currently available in the entire mini-laptop computing segment and offers great value for money.
The dual OS boot Acer Aspire One D250 boots first into Google Android OS (termed as ‘instant on’ boot option) in less than 30 seconds and is capable of shutting off the system in about 3 seconds making it lightning fast device for accessing internet and get online using Firefox in Android. The netbook allows switching to Windows XP from Android and vice-versa on demand.
Acer Aspire One D250 netBook PC is claimed to be an all-new communication device designed to provide a true mobile and wireless experience through continuous access to the Internet irrespective of the user’s location.
While earlier 9-inch and 10.1-inch Acer One netbooks were powered by Intel N270 processor, the Acer Aspire One D250 is powered by 1.67 GHz ultra low voltage Intel Atom N280 Processor and it it features 512-MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB, Intel Mobile Intel 945 GSE express chipset mainboard, 1-GB of DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM – upgradeable to maximum of 1.5-GB using a single soDIMM modules, and 160-GB 5400 rpm internal hard disk drive.
The new Intel Atom processor uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
The 1.67 GHz Atom processor in Acer Aspire One D250 netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
This revolutionary new ultra-light and small screen size of 10.1-inch netBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The Acer Aspire One netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
Since internal speakers can be found at the base of the chassis, audio performance seems a bit low key. System bootup is pretty fast at about 50 seconds.
Dual boot Microsoft Windows XP and Google Android Acer Aspire One D250 netbook PC is equipped with 10.1-inch (25.65 cm) Widescreen (200-nit) WSVGA Acer CrystalBrite TFT LED backlit display which offers maximum of 1024 x 600 pixel resolution powered by integrated Mobile Intel 82801GBM Graphics Chipset with up to 64 MB of shared video memory supporting Microsoft DirectX 9, Dual independent display support with upto 16.7 million colors.
The Acer Aspire One D250 netbook comes with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945BG network connection offering dual-mode 802.11b/g wireless technology with Acer InviLink with Acer-SignalUp technolofy. In addition, it also offers integrated 10/100 mbps Ethernet LAN card for wired networking. In addition, it is also equipped with internal Bluetooth 2.0 wilreless connection. There is no internal modem.
Available in choice of four colors viz. white, red, black and blue, the Acer Aspire One D250 dual boot netBook also offers built-in Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution (640 x 480 pixels) CMOS Swivel webcam and built-in microphone providing easy video conferencing via VoIP and video IM chats. The Acer Crystal Eye webcam supports enhanced Acer PrimaLiteT technology for superior low-light performance.
Acer Aspire One D250 ultra-light netBook PC also offers Acer’s Audio Management suite which allows one to optimize listening experience for movies, music or games. Easy-launch buttons offer one-touch access to important features.
Weighing 1.32 Kgs Acer Aspire One D250 ultra-portable notebook also sports integrated 5-in-1 Media Card Reader which supports Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD) and the notebook comes with 44.6 W 4000 mAh Li-ion 6-cell battery which offers upto 3 hours battery life.
The Acer Aspire One D250 is also designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Some other features of Acer Aspire One D250 netBook includes 3 USB v2.0 ports, type II PC Card slot, S-video TV out, Intel High Definition audio with 2 built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers and Built-in omnidirectional microphone.
I/O Ports on Acer Aspire One Netbook
- 3 x Hi-Speed USB v2.0 – 4 pin USB Type A
- PC Card slot (Type II)
- 5-in-1 card reader (SD, MMC, MS, MS PRO, xD)
- RJ-11 modem/fax/tel line
- Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX – RJ-45
- External display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- S-video/TV-out (NTSC/PAL) port
- Line-in/microphone – mini-phone 3.5 mm
- Audio line-out/headphones – mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Audio line-in – mini-phone 3.5 mm
Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook PC Features
- Intel Atom N280 Processor, 1.67 GHz
- 512-KB L2 cache, 533 MHz FSB
- Mobile Intel 945GSE Express Chipset
- 1-GB DDR2 533-MHz SDRAM (expandable to max 1.5-GB)
- 160-GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Disk Drive
- 10.1-inch (25.65 cm), WSVGA CrystalBrite LED backlit Transflective display, 1024 x 600 pixels resolution
- Integrated Mobile Intel 82801GBM Graphics Chipset, Share video memory
- Intel WiFi network connection, 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connection, Acer InviLink with “Acer SignalUp”
- Integrated Bluetooth v2.0
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection
- Touchpad pointing device
- Acer OrbiCam integrated VGA resolution 640 x 480 pixels CMOS camera
- Two built-in Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers
- Built-in microphone
- 5-in-1 card reader, supporting Secure Digital (SD), MultiMediaCard (MMC), Memory Stick (MS), Memory Stick PRO (MS PRO), xD-Picture Card (xD)
- 1 x Type II PC Card slot
- AC/MC 97 soundcard and modem
- 3 USB 2.0 ports
- S-Video TV Out
- Colors: Black, Blue and Red
- Dual OS – Genuine Microsoft Windows XP Home and Google Android OS Preinstalled
- 44.6W 4000 mAh 6-cell Li-ion battery, 7.5 hours life
- Dimension (WxDxH): 259 x 213 x 33 mm
- Weight: 1.32 Kgs
Intel’s ultra low voltage processor Atom N280 powered Acer Aspire One D250 Netbook PC with 10.1-inch LED backlit display, 160-GB HDD, and dual OS Google Android and Windows XP preinstalled (also Windows 7 at extra cost) is available in India for about Rs. 18,500 (plus taxes) with one year limited local and International Traveler (Carry-in) Warranty. Visit www.acer.co.in for more details.
- New Acer One 532h NetBook With Atom N450 Now Available
- Acer Launches Aspire One AO533 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Launches Aspire One AOD260 Netbook Powered by Intel ATOM Processor
- Acer Aspire One D250 Ultra-light Netbook
- Acer Aspire One D260 Netbook with Dual OS Boot (Android & Windows 7) Option Launched
- Acer Aspire One AOD150 NetBook With 10-inch Display
- Acer Unveils Aspire One AOD255 Netbook with Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows XP
- New Acer Aspire One Happy Netbook Offers Dual OS Boot: Android & Windows 7
- Acer Aspire One NetBook