After 3 months of beta testing, Microsoft has today released the final version of Security Essentials Antivirus Suite of software for Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 operating systems.
Microsoft Security Essentials provides real-time protection for windows based PC that guards against viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.
Microsoft also offers real-time protection and regularly updated malware signature files free of cost via Microsoft’s Dynamic Signature Service.
Microsoft Security Essentials can be freely download from Microsoft website and the antovitus software suite is easy to use, and always kept up to date to assure protection by the latest technology. Application indicates a green symbol indicating that your PC is secure.
Microsoft Security Essentials application, like all other third party antivirus apps runs quietly and efficiently in the background so that user are free to use your Windows-based PC the way you want—without interruptions or long computer wait times. Without using a lot of system resources, the software only alerts when there’s some action is required by user.
Microsoft Security Essential Requirements
- Genuine windows version
- Windows XP + SP2 / SP3 -or- wnidows Vista + SP1
- CPU with clock speed of 500 MHz or higher (XP) / 1 GHz (Vista)
- 256 MB RAM or higher
- 800 x 600 or higher display resolution
- 140 MB of available hard-disk space
- An Internet connection for downloading software and latest virus and spyware definitions for Microsoft Microsoft Security Essentials
- Internet Browser (IE 6.0 or higher or Firefox 2.0 or higher)
More resource: First Look – Microsoft Security Essential Impresses
Download Microsoft Security Essential Ver. 1.0.1611.0, Freeware (8.61 MB)
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista