HP has introduced its new ultra-thin HP Pavilion DV2-1002AU notebook that is powered by newly released AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 Processor and features 12.1-inch LED backlit display powered by ATI Radeon discrete graphics.
The AMD Athlon Neo platform, previously code-named Yukon, has the Single-Core Athlon Neo processor MV-40 and ATI Mobility Radeon graphics and are traditional notebooks in terms of features and performance.
The ultra-thin HP DV2-1002AU notebook is powered by low power consuming 1.6 GHz Single-Core AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 Processor which is claimed to offer more (though slightly) power than comparable Intel ATOM processor used in most of the small screen netBooks.
Underneath its sleek Espresso Black magnesium-alloy casting, HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU houses ATI chipset mainboard @ 1600 MHz FSB, 512-KB L2 Cache, 2-GB DDR2 RAM (upto 4-GB maximum), 250 GB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive and external USB based 8X DVD Super Multi optical drive.
Ultra-thin HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU notebook PC is equipped with slightly bigger screen than standard netbooks at 12.1-inch (30.7 cm) WXGA BrightView WSVGA LED backlit display powered by integrated ATI Mobility Radeon HD X1250 discrete graphics chipset with 256 MB dedicated video memory capable of maximum resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels and is well-suited for watching 720p HD video content in comparison to standard netbooks.
Just above the screen is an integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam, placed in the bezel above the LCD and unlike previous Pavilion notebooks, HP dv2-1002AU sports flatter slightly raised keyboard, similar to SONY VAIO and Apple laptops along with mirrored touch pad.
Slightly thicker than 12-inch Lenovo IdeaPad U110 netbook, the HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU ultra-slim notebook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection and integrated Bluetooth v2.0 wireless connection for wireless data connectivity.
In addition, HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU notebook also offers integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, an integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity.
Other features of AMD Athlon Neo processor powered HP dv2-1002AU ultra-slim notebook PC includes integrated 1.3 MB webcam, HDMI digital oot port, 5-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS) media cards etc, 3 USB v2.0 ports, VGA port, HDMI digital out port, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware, Dolby 5.1 Surround Audio with build-in 2 Altec Lansing stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
Only 1.64 Kgs in weight and just 0.93-inch thick, the new ultra-thin HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU notebook has glossy finish and comes with Windows Vista Home Basic preinstalled and some of the software included with HP DV2-1002AU notebook includes – HP Total Care Setup, HP Advisor, HP Wireless Assistant, HP Help & Support Center, HP Software Update, Adobe Acrobat Reader, Sun Java Virtual Machine, Cyberlink DVD Suite, HP MediaSmart 2.1, HP Games Powered by Wild Tangent, Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Shockwave Player, Muvee Reveal (20 day trial full version), Symantec Norton Internet Security 2009 Consumer (60days live updates), Microsoft Works, and Microsoft Office 2007 Home/Student (60 day Trial).
HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU notebook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Weighing just about 1.64 Kgs, the HP Pavilion dv2 notebook comes with 6-cell Li-Ion battery which offers upto 3 hours battery life. The system also features the Super Hybrid Engine that is capable of extending the battery life to upto 40 percent.
- 3 USB v2.0
- Ethernet LAN port
- eSATA / USB
- Infrared port
- ExpressCard/34 Slot
- HDMI Digital Out port
- 5-in-1 memory card reader
Read more HP Pavilion DV2 reviews at:
HP Pavilion DV2-1002AU Notebook Features
- AMD Athlon Single Core Neo MV-40 Processor, 1.6 GHz
- ATI Chipset Mainboard
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 1600 MHz FSB
- 2-GB DDR2 SDRAM
- 250-GB 5400 rpm SATA Hard Drive
- External USB based 8x Super Multi DVD Writer
- 12.1-inch (31 cm) WXGA High-definition LED Backlit Widescreen Display, 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
- ATI Mobility Radeon X1250 graphics chipset with 256-MB dedicated video memory
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n Wireless LAN
- 10/100 Ethernet LAN
- 56kbps Modem
- HDMI Digital Out Port
- 1.3 MP Webcam
- 3 USB v2.0 ports
- 5-in-1 Memory Card Reader
- SRS Sound, built-in Altec Lansing Speakers
- Windows Vista Home Basic Preinstalled
- 4-cell Li-ion rechargable battery, 3 Hrs life
- Dimensions (L x W x H) – 29.2 x 24 x 2.37 / 3.27 cm (f/b)
- Weight – 1.64 Kgs without Battery Pack
The HP Pavilion dv2-1002AU ultra-thin notebook PC powered by AMD Athlon Neo MV-40 processor and featuring 12.1-inch display is available in India for Rs. 35,990 (including local tax) and comes with one year global international warranty.
- HP Pavilion DV2 Ultra-thin Notebook Powered by AMD Athlon Neo Processor Launched
- HP Pavilion dm3 Notebook Launched; Features 13.3-inch Display & ATI Radeon Discrete Graphics
- HP Pavilion DV1615TS Notebook PC With DVD Writer
- HP Pavilion dv1624TN Notebook PC With DVD Writer
- HP Pavilion dv2701TX Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion DV9507TX Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion dv6703TX Notebook PC
- HP Pavilion DV2902TU Notebook
- HP Pavilion dv3000 Notebook PC