Miro is a 100% free open-source desktop video media player software that can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous user interface that is designed for fullscreen HD video playback. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Open source cross-platform ready Miro has built-in content-guide that offers thousands of free video feeds including HD quality, and streaming video sites.
The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites.
Miro allows Search, download, and save videos from YouTube, Google Video, Blip, and more. You can even save a search term and automatically get new videos as they are posted.
Miro also offers support for online video services allowing you search for videos in Yahoo! Videos, Google Videos, YouTube and Blogdigger databases and you can watch and organize video feeds when you’re offline or traveling.
Video-Playlists feature in Miro brings together thousands of shows from all over the web into a playlist. There’s TONS of great content, lots of it in HD, and fresh shows are added all the time.
The application updates itself with all the new items from a subscribed RSS feed and it comes with some predefined subscriptions to del.icio.us, MediaRights, or Telemusicvision, and this list is not a complete one. Alternatively, you can simply add a new subscription to a new feed.
Some Features of Miro video player:
- Play any file — Miro can play MPEG, Quicktime, AVI, H.\264, Divx, Windows Media, Flash Video, and almost every other major video format.
- Faster torrent downloads — Miro incorporates the latest version of libtorrent for world-class torrent download speeds.
- Seamless BitTorrent — Miro can download individual BitTorrent files and torrents that are in feeds. When a video torrent is downloaded it will be in your channel and library ready to watch, just like any other video download.
- Play in Separate Window — Miro now lets you watch any video in a separate window, so you can browse and download while you watch. You can play videos in a separate window individually or set a preference to always play videos in a separate window.
- Video RSS — Video RSS feeds are at the core of our vision for internet TV. They provide a simple system that any publisher can use to distribute their content. Viewers can bring feeds from anywhere together into one place. Miro is compatible with more feeds than any other video app.
- Audio Support — Miro now works with audio podcasts as well as video and there’s a new section in the sidebar to organize your audio feeds.
- Open Source — Miro is free, open-source software (licensed under the GPL). Anyone is free to change the source code, contribute bug fixes and features, and make new versions.
Miro also allows playing your offline content using the ‘Example Playlist’ element which you can access by dragging-and-dropping an item over it. The application plays that video using a Quick Time module.
Download Miro Ver 2.5 (28.52 MB) Freeware
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista, Unix
- Software Download – uTorrent 1.5 build 437
- Download – DivX Pro Player
- D-Link Launches ‘Boxee Box’ in India Powered by Boxee Application
- Apples Launches Apple TV Featuring 802.11N Wi-Fi Connecivity & HDMI Out Port
- Turn Your PC Into A Real Time Sound Recorder With Free Kat MP3 Recorder
- Apple Introduces iTune 10 With Ping Social Network; Also Offers HD TV Show
- Nokia Launches Mobile TV DVB-H Headset Allowing Users Watch TV on Their Devices
- Fujitsu Launches FH550/3AM – World’s First PC With Full 3D Experience
- Sandisk Releases 64GB SDXC Class 4 Memory Card