Sony has launched in India its first 10.1-inch ultra-portable the Sony VAIO W Series NetBook which weighs just 1.2 Kgs and is powered by Intel Atom ULV processor features 10.1-inch widescreen LED backlit display.
Only 20 mm thick, the new Sony VAIO W Series ultra-portable Laptop is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.66 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N280, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
Available in pink, white and brown colors, the new Sony Vaio W netbook features Sony’s characteristic isolated keyboard with springy and raised keys making it extremely comfortable to use and its touchpad and mouse keys have been carefully designed to make the mouse movements easy to control.
This new range of Ultra Portable Netbook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The Sony VAIO W Series netbook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The Intel Atom processor N280 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Designed specifically for mobile devices, the Sony VAIO W Series netBook uses a brand new design structure the dynamic L2 cache sizing -that reduces electrical leakage in transistors-to conserve energy, giving you more time away from the wall outlet.
The Sony VAIO W Series 10.1-inch netbook is also equipped with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which reduces average system power consumption. The enhanced low-power sleep states (C1E, C2E, C4E) are optimized for power by forcibly reducing the performance state of the processor when it enters a package low-power state.
The 1.66 GHz Intel Atom processor N280 in Sony VAIO VGN-P15G/R also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer (FSB) on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data) build on Intel US15W Chipset motherboard.
Sony VAIO W Series ultra-portable features 1-GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (maximum 2-GB via a standard SO-DIMM module) and a internal 2.5-inch 5400 rpm SATA hard drive. There is provision to connect CD/DVD optical drive of choice but no optical drive is packaged.
The new Sony VAIO W Series netbook PC is equipped with 10.1 (25.65 cm) ClearBright Widescreen WXGA TFT display on 16:9 aspect radio offering maximum of 1366 x 768 pixels screen resolution powered by integrated Intel Mobile Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 500 graphics chipset with upto 256-MB dedicated video memory.
Weighing only 1.2 Kgs with 3-cell battery pack, the Sony VAIO W Series ultra-portable netbook comes with integrated VGA resolution 0.3 MP web camera built in directly above the LCD display.
Available in Pink, Crystal White, and Brown colors, the Sony VAIO W Series netbook is equipped with integrated wireless 802.11b/g/n WiFi Connection, integrated 10/100/1000 Fast Ethernet LAN connection and option for an external 56kbps v.92 Fax/Modem card via USB port. The nNetBook also comes with integrated Bluetooth v2.0 mini-card Wireless Connection.
The new Sony VAIO W comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Edition OS preinstalled and it comes bundled with various legal software including Utility Driver CD, CD Writer Software, and DVD Playback Software. The Sony Vaio W series netbook also incorporate VAIO Multimedia Suite that includes collection of video and photo editing tools that assist users to create premium home movies, slideshows and more more licensed applications.
Weighing just 1.3 kgs with 3 cell battery pack, the new Sony VAIO VGN W ultra-portable also offers 2 USB v2.0 ports, Intel High Definition Audio 2.0 with external stereo speakers delivering theater-style surround sound, dual headphone ports, two microphone ports, and on the right side it sports ExpressCard/54 slot (Media Center remote), wireless on/off switch, slot-loading optical drive bay, one USB port, and security lock slot.
The Sony VAIO VGN-P15G/R also features a standard Consumer Infrared port which allows navigate through music, videos, photos remotely with the travel remote control located in the express card slot and laptop also also offers integrated 3-in-1 memory card reader, which can read SD, xD, and MMC cards.
The Sony Vaio W also allows streaming photos, videos and music from the notebook and enjoy it via Playstation3 or other DLNA devices through a compatible home television set.
The Sony VAIO W Series netBook is equipped with 3-cell 24 WHr Li-Ion battery which provides upto 3 hours of battery life and a 6-cell 48 WHr Li-Ion Battery is available which allows upto 6 hours life.
- 2 USB 2.0 compliant 4-pin ports
- IEEE 1394a FireWire port
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN card port RJ45 Port
- 15 Pin External VGA monitor port
- ExpressCard 54 mm slot
- 3-in-1 removable memory card reader (in front)
- Audio jacks (1 line-in, 1-line out, 1 Mic-in)
- S-Video TV-Out Connector
Sony VAIO W Series Ultra-Portable Netbook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N280, 1.66 GHz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB
- Intel US15W Chipset Motherboard
- 1-GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM, 400 MHz, up to 4-GB DDR2 SDRAM Maximum
- 160 GB SATA 5400 rpm 2.5-inch Hard Drive
- 10.1 (25.65 cm) Widescreen WXGA TFT ClearBright display 16:9 Ratio, 1366 x 768 pixels maximum resolution
- Intel Mobile Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 500 with upto 256-MB dedicated video memory
- Integrated VGA Resolution 0.3 Megapixel Webcam
- Built-in Microphone
- Intel High Definition Audio compatible, 3D audio (Direct Sound 3D support) with built-in stereo speakers
- Integrated 802.11b/g/n(Draft) Wireless WiFi LAN Connection
- Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN
- Optional External 56kbps v.92 Fax/Modem via USB port
- Bluetooth v2.0 Wireless Connection
- 2 USB 2.0 compliant 4-pin connectors
- 3-in-1 memory card reader
- 15-pin VGA video output & S-Video
- Colors – Pink, Brown, Pink
- 3-cell 24WHr Li-Ion Battery, Upto 3 Hrs life – OR -
6-cell 48WHr Li-Ion Battery, Upto 6 Hrs life
- Genuine Windows Vista Home Basic
- Dimension (WxHxD): 179.6 x 32.4 x 267.8mm
- Weight: 1.2 Kgs (with 3-cell power pack)
Intel Atom ULV Processor N280 powered Sony VAIO W Series ultra-portable NetBook PC having 10.1-inch display and windows XP preinstalled is available in India for Rs. 29,990 with 1 year warranty. Visit vaio-online.sony.com/in for more details.
- Sony VAIO VGN-P13GH/Q Ultra-Portable NetBook
- Sony VAIO VGN-P15G/R NetBook With Solid State Drive
- Sony VAIO P Series Ultra-Portable NetBook Offers Dazzling Colors
- Sony VAIO Y Series Notebook PC Launched; Features 11.6-inch Display
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- Sony VAIO YB Series Notebook Launched in India
- Sony Lanches Vaio C Series Notebook PC
- Sony VAIO VGN-C25G/B Notebook PC
- Intex N101-WC1100 Netbook With 10-inch Display Launched