Hard Disk defragmentation tools made available by Microsoft within any Windows version have always lacked speed and functionality resulting in the need for a more efficient third party disk defrag tools.
UltraDefrag is a powerful open source freeware with no time limit, fully functional hard disk defragmenter utility for Windows platform that analyze and optimize your hard disk performance and does the job at ultra fast speed using a kernel-more driver.
The UltraDefrag utility is not only faster and more customizable than the Windows own disk defrag utility, it offers a whole lot of useful stats as it defragments in addition to displaying the progress visually.
Hard disk defragmentation and optimization not only make your harddisk access data faster, but also lengthen it’s life span as disk will have less work to do and therefore have less wear and tear.
Also, it will refresh and strengthen the data on the harddisk by simply reading the weakened data and writing it afresh. However, defragmenting and optimizing is work, so excessive defragmenting and optimizing can actually cause more wear and tear than it prevents.
UltraDefrag offers three interface available : Graphical, Console and Native and the software has gone through serveral graphical modifications to render a new and enhanced user friendly look.
The new GUI is very useful, as it depicts your filesystem visually in graphical mode in color coded cluster map. In addition, it also offers console option for those that prefer the command line. The UltraDefrag also allows users to run UltraDefrag application from the task scheduler and scripts. Finally, the native executable option allows running the application at boot time in a manner similar to chkdsk.
The design of UltraDefrag is very simple with straightforward GUI. There are no skins and other unnecessary stuff but you can change the user interface fonts from setting window. It is a small and powerful program.
The new upgrade (ver 3.1) has the following features:
- Ability to change font, its size and access to help files and boot time defrag all from the GUI Configurator Option
- Ability to adapt to the theme Windows is using
- Several very important driver bug fixed
UltraDefrag program has low overhead and offers several optimization strategies that can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a storage disk device to Windows operating system.
Some of the features:
- Very small footprint and overhead
- Ability to run in three modes – Graphical, Console and Native
- Ability to defrag at the boot time like chkdsk
- Includes command line operation
- Includes Portable version
- Provides comprehensive reports in HTML format
- Available in 32 bit Operating Systems – Windows NT4.0/2000/2003/XP/Vista/Server2008/Windows Seven
- Available in 64 bit Operating Systems – x64 editions of Windows NT4.0/2000/2003/XP/Vista/Server2008/Windows Seven
Download UltraDefrag installer Ver 3.1 for 32-bit
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista