We often require to take backup of data from our regular hard drive which these days might run into several mega bytes making CD/DVD media ideal for such jobs.
You can find several commercial CD/DVD/Blu-ray burner software applications with loads of features but there are also several freeware software which performs equally good job if not better.
Listed here are 2 top quality totally free and fully functional CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning software for Windows which are pretty lightweight and feature rich in all the manner.
ImgBurn is a lightweight CD / DVD / HD DVD / Blu-ray burning application that is freeware and everyone should have in their toolkit.
ImgBurn CD/DVD burning application supports a wide range of image file formats including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG and PDI and It supports all the latest drives without the need for updates (including booktype / bitsetting / advanced settings on many of the major ones – i.e. BenQ, LiteOn, LG, NEC, Plextor, Samsung, Sony)..
It can burn Audio CD’s from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from a HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
ImgBurn supports all the Windows OS’s – Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008 and 7 (including all the 64-bit versions). If you use Wine, it should also run on Linux and other x86-based Unixes.
Download ImgBurn Ver 2.5.0 (2.1 MB)
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.
DeepBurner is lightweight, powerful and rock-solid CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning application that is Small, easy to start, intuitive to use and powerful, featuring all you need. These start from compiling your CDs and DVDs in different formats and ending with the creation of fascinating photo albums and rock solid, reliable backups.
DeepBurner will be able to solve most of your burning needs: be it burning of Data/Audio/Video CDs, all types of DVDs, composing photo albums and even burning backups. Every operation starts with a simple wizard, thus virtually everyone can use DeepBurner.
DeepBurner works on Windows 95/98/2000/NT/ME/XP and is virtually compatible with ANY CD/DVD burner.
- You can easily create and burn regular data CDs/DVDs
- AudioCD recording functionality is included
- Quickly build and burn ISO Images
- Supports IDE/EIDE, USB, SCSI, and Fire Wire CD/DVD writers
- Overburn function
- DAO, SAO and TAO Writing methods support
- Support for CD-R / CD-RW / DVD-R / DVD+R / DVD-RW / DVD+RW / DVD-RAM
- Create Multi-session CDs
- Bootable CD/DVD support
- Dynamically adjustable drive buffer size
- High Performance File/Disc Caching
- Supports Long File Name (Joliet) File Systems
- Creates ISO (100% DOS/Windows) compatible data CDs/DVDs
- Supports multiple simultaneous recorders
- Easy to use wizards help you create any type of burning project
- The Autorun Wizard makes it easy to create effective autoruns for your CDs
- You can even easily make your own cover, booklet or case insert
- Multi-language interface, of course
Download DeepBurner Free Ver 1.9 (2.67 MB)
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista