Zen Cart is free, user-friendly, and open source shopping cart software written in PHP that has large community of users and hundreds of free and paid templates.
To run Zen Cart e-commerce system you need an web hosting server offering Apache server, PHP and a suitable database like MySQL and can be installed and set-up by anyone with the most basic web site building and computer skills.
If you want to install Zen Cart on a local PC for development and testing purpose or run the system on a private web server with your own IP address, you can find required instruction -> here.
Some of the features of Zen Cart e-commerce system includes:
- Simple and easy installation
- Multiple customer modes
- Unlimited category depth
- Multiple sales and discounts
- Multiple display mode
- Unlimited extra pages
- Multiple ad banner controller
- Multiple shipping options
- Multiple payment options
For installing Zen Cart e-commerce system you will need:
- A linux based hosting server with PHP and MySQL software
- Download the Zen Cart software and upload it to your server
- Create a couple of configuration files
- Configure Zen Cart shopping cart application
- Setup security parameters
A tutorial discussing installation of zen cart can be found -> here.
Download Zen Cart Ver 1.3.8 (3.8 MB)
for Linux hosting webserver with PHP and MySQL
- How-To: Setting up WP E-Commerce Plugin in WordPress
- Produce Your Own Songs With Free ACID XPress Software
- Nokia Releases Symbian Apache Web Server Source Code for Mobile Web Server
- Download – Skype 2.5 Beta
- Five Indian Govt Sites Hacked Including DRDO’s RAC Website
- Record And Edit Your Sounds Using Open Source Audacity Software
- Download – Free Ringtones for your Mobile Phone
- Useful Corp Introduces $59 Linux Desktop Computer
- Create Website Using Free Arachnophilia HTML Editor