HP has launched Compaq 610 notebook PC which is powered by Intel Core 2 Duo processor T5870 featuring 15.6-inch 16:9 ratio LED-backlit Widescreen HD display and is equipped with a secure hard drive mounting technology called DriveGuard that helps protect data from shocks and bumps.
Powered by 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5870, the new Compaq 610 notebook PC features 2-MB L2 cache, 800 MHz Front Bus speed, Mobile Intel GLE960 Express Chipset + ICH8M Mainboard, 2-GB PC2-6400 DDR2 800 MHz with 2 SODIMM Slots offering maximum 8-GB SDRAM, 320-GB Serial-ATA 5400 rpm with 150 MB/sec transfer speed hard disk drive with HP DriveGuard HDD protection technology and 8X SuperMulti Drive Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer.
Windows Vista Business Edition preinstalled, Compaq 610 notebook sports 15.6-inch LED-Backlit HD High Definition BrightView Widescreen display capable of 1366 x 768 pixels resolution in 16:9 aspect ratio giving upto 7 percent additional horizontal viewable area and the display is powered by Intel Mobile Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 with upto 384 MB shared video memory.
Weighing 2.49 Kgs, the new Compaq 610 notebook PC is equipped with Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g Network Connection and offers Marvell 10/100 Ethernet LAN, 56 kbps V.90 modem and 3 USB v2.0 ports and 1 eSATA/USB combo ports for wired connections. The notebook also sports HDMI v1.3 digital out port which allows streaming HD quality video to standard home TV without loss in quality.
The Compaq 610 notebook also supports a 5-in-1 multi-format memory card reader embedded in the notebook allowing xD, Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro media cards. In addition, the Compaq 610 notebook also offers Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers built-in and sports full size keyboard with integrated numeric keypad Pointing device and Touch Pad with dedicated vertical and horizontal Scroll Up/Down pad.
Other features of Compaq 610 notebook includes integrated 2.0 Megapixels Webcam, 3x USB v2.0 ports, 1x eSATA/USB port, ExpressCard/54 slot, IEEE 1394 port, S-video TV-out port, integrated Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers, 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated, and 2 Headphone Jacks, 2 Omni-directional microphones, full 101 keys keyboard and expansion port for HP xb3000 Notebook Expansion Base.
Compaq 610 notebook comes with Microsoft windows Vista Business with downgrade to Wndows XP professional preinstalled and HP is providing many software along with full set of drivers bundled with the notebook PC, including: HP Total Care Advisor, HP Connections Manager, PDF Complete, MS Live Messenger, MS Office Ready 2007, Adobe Flash Player, HP Recovery Manager (Windows Vista only), HP Webcam Software, HP Help and Support Center, Roxio Creator Business, McAfee Total Protection, Intervideo WinDVD 8SE- DVD Player, Microsoft Works 8.5, Adobe Acrobat Reader 8, QuickPlay for Windows ver 3.2, and HP PhotoSmart Premier.
For security and system maintenance, it offers Norton Anti-Virus with 60 days Live updates, Norton Internet Security, SoftThinks Recovery Disc Creator, 3D Drive Guard HDD Protection, DriveLock, and Disk Sanitizer software.
For Digital Entertainment and imaging Compaq 610 notebook includes Cyberlink DVD Suite, QuickPlay for Windows ver 3.6, Cyberlink YouCam, Muvee AutoProducer Basic Edition, HP Games and HP PhotoSmart Essential software applications.
Weighing about 2.49 kgs with battery pack, the Compaq 610 notebook sports full size keyboard and comes with 6-cell 47 WHr Li-Ion standard battery offering upto 2.5 hrs backup. The notebook is equipped with Fast Charge technology enabling recharge 90% battery in under 90 minutes.
- 3 USB v2.0 Ports
- 1 eSATA/USB Combo port
- ExpressCard/54 slot
- IEEE 1394 port
- S-video TV-out port
- VGA port – external monitor
- Notebook Expansion Slot
- External Microphone
- RJ-11 – Modem
- RJ-45 – Ethernet LAN
- 2 Omni-directional microphones
- Expansion port for HP xb3000 Notebook Expansion Base
- 5-in-1 Media Card Reader
- HDMI Digital Out Port
Compaq 610 Notebook PC Features
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5870, 2.0 GHz
- 2 MB Level L2 cache, 800 MHz Bus speed, supports Intel EM64T technology
- Mobile Intel GLE960 Express Chipset + ICH8M Mainboard
- 2-GB PC2-6400 DDR2 (800 MHz), 2 SODIMM Slots (maximum 8 GB)
- 320-GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive, 5400 rpm, 150 MB/sec transfer speed, HP DriveGuard HDD protection technology
- 8X SuperMulti Drive Double Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer
- 15.6-inch 16:9 aspect ratio LED-backlit High Definition BrightView Widescreen display, 1366 x 768 pixels resolution
- Intel Mobile Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 with upto 384 MB shared video memory
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Wireless LAN 802.11 a/b/g Network Connection
- Marvell 10/100 integrated Ethernet LAN interface
- 56 kbps v.52 modem/fax
- 86 Keys Keyboard, 12 Fn Keys
- Altec Lansing Stereo Speakers, 3D Sound Blaster Pro compatible sound 16 bit integrated,
- 2 Omni-directional microphones
- Integrated 2.0 Megapixels Webcam
- 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader supporting xD, Secure Digital cards, MultiMedia cards, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro media cards
- ExpressCard/54 slot, Support for ExpressCard/34
- IEEE 1394 FireWire Interface – video capture interface
- HDMI v1.3 Digital Port with HDCP Key
- Genuine Windoes Vista Business Edition Preinstalled
- 6-cell 47 WHr Li-ion Battery, 2.5 hrs backup
- External 65-Watt AC adapter with HP fast charge technology
- Dimensions: LxWxH- 371.8 x 254.8 x 32.0 mm
- Weight: 2.49 Kgs (with power pack)
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5870 powered Compaq 610 notebook PC featuring 15.6-inch widescreen HD display is available from HP dealers in India at the price of Rs. 34,995- (plus taxes) with one year carry-in warranty. Visit www.hp.com/country/in/en/ for more details.