EditPad Lite is a powerful general-purpose text editor for Windows platform that is available for free for non-commercial use. It’s more advance version EditPad Pro is a commercial product.
EditPad Lite is designed to be compact and small yet offer complete functionality of any sophisticated text editor available for Windows.
There are many text editors available for free use offering limited functionality making them easy to use, but more complex editing tasks are quite tedious. Other text editors claim to be powerful, offering every possible feature the developers could think of but their complexity will hinder you.
Configure EditPad’s appearance to your own taste and eyesight is fairly easy. It allows you to select the colors, font face and font size that you like. Make text cursor highly visible by selecting its size, color and blinking style. Make the mouse pointer easy to spot by choosing its shape and colors.
Some of the Features includes:
- Open as many files in EditPad at a time as you want.
- Change between the open files by clicking on their tabs. No hassle with heaps of overlapping windows.
- Unlimited undo and redo allows you to even undo changes after saving them, as long as you did not close the file.
- EditPad reads and writes UNIX (LF only) and Mac (CR only) text files (in addition to DOS/Windows CR+LF files, of course).
- With EditPad you can directly edit Unicode text files and text files encoded in a variety of legacy code pages. EditPad supports all Windows and ISO-8859 code pages, plus a wide selection of DOS, KOI8 and EBCDIC code pages. This means EditPad can edit any text file, whether it was saved on a Windows or Linux computer, an old DOS PC or an IBM mainframe.
- Block functions allows you to save parts of your text to disk and insert a file in the current text.
- Allows you to specify many print settings: font, margins, headers/footers, etc.
- Reopen menu that lists the last 16 files opened.
- Uppercase, lowercase, invert case and initial caps conversion
EditPad Lite puts an icon in the system tray that remains visible, even if EditPad is closed allowing you easy and fast access to EditPad, without the need to keep it running all the time.
Download EditPad Lite Ver 6.4.5 (3.1 MB)
for Windows 2000, XP, and Vista
- Explore&Burn – Free CD/DVD Burning Software in Windows Explorer
- Lexmark Unveils C530DN Color Duplex Laser Printer
- Portronics Launches Portable Rechargeable Scanner “Scanny 5″
- Mitashi Unveils MP 1G MP3 Player
- Infibeam Announces 6-inch Pi e-Book Reader Offering Local Indian Language Support
- Free Network Card With Samsung CLP-510 Laser Printer
- Motorola MOTOROKR E6 Mobile Phone
- Epson Stylus C58 Color Inkjet Printer
- Apacer AC203 2.5-inch External Hard Drive Launched in India