Strontium Technology, Singapore has introduced their DDR3 RAM modules for notebooks and desktops for the Indian market. The high speed DDR3 RAM modules are available in 1333 MHz and 1066 MHz speeds as 240 pin UDIMMs and 204 pin SODIMMs in 1GB and 2GB storage spaces.
Company claims that the new high speed DDR3 memory modules would meet demands of enthusiasts and gamers looking for ever higher performance at more efficient power consumption parameters.
Currently DDR3 memory is servicing the high end leading edge segment of the market but it is steadily being adopted by main stream computing market of personal and business / enterprise desktop computers and laptops alike with demanding resources.
The DDR3 memory provides upto 30% reduction in power consumption as compared to standard DDR2 RAM modules due to DDR3′s 1.5v supply voltage, compared to DDR2′s 1.8v. This results in enhanced battery life for notebook, laptops and netbook PCs.
The 1.5 V supply voltage works well with the Sub 70 Nm technology used in the DDR3 chips and the main benefit of DDR3 RAM rechnology comes from the higher bandwidth made possible by DDR3′s 8 bit deep pre-fetch buffer in comparison to older DDR2′s 4 bit prefetch buffer or still older DDR’s 2 bit data buffer.
According to Strontium, the DDR3 RAM memory modules are build to the highest specifications with the premium resources and chipsets from Major Brand like Hynix and Micron and therefore undergo challenging laboratory tests to ensure trustworthy value, performance and quality.
Key Features of Strontium DDR3 Memory
- Fly-by command/address/control bus with on-DIMM termination
- Provides higher bandwidth using 8 bit deep pre-fetch buffer
- High precision calibration resistors
- Higher bandwidth performance, effectively up to 1600 MHz
- Improved latencies as measured in nanoseconds
- Higher performance at low power (longer battery life in laptops)
- Enhanced low power features
- Auto refresh and self refresh supported
- Are not backwards compatible therefore prevent accidential damage to DIMM and /or the motherboard from inserting a DDR3 module into a DDR2 socket.
- ‘Dual-Gate’ transistors to reduce leakage of current.
- Consumes 30% less power as compared to standard DDR2
- Provides longer battery life
- Uses 1.5V voltage supply
- Lifetime Warranty
- ROHS Compliant
Strontium DDR3-modules for laptop and desktop PCs are currently available in 1 GB and 2GB capacities with a life time warranty through their regular channel partners across India.
- Strontium Introduced DDR3 1600 MHz RAM Modules for Notebooks and Desktops in India
- Strontium Launches New EVM DDR2 and DDR3 Memory Modules For Desktop PCs
- Kingston DDR2 HyperX RAM
- Transcend Introduces 4GB ‘aXeRAM’ DDR3-2400 Memory Kits For Dual Channel Intel Core i7 Platforms
- Corsair Vengeance High-Performance DDR3 Memory Launched
- ADATA XPG Gaming Series DDR3-1333G DRAM Module Launched in India, Offers 1333 MHz Speed
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India
- Strontium Launches 2.5-inch Swift Series Solid State Drives (SSD)
- ADATA Announces DRAM Advance 8-GB DDR3-1600 Modules in India