Samsung has today announced the launch of Samsung N120 Ultra-Portable Netbook which is powered by Intel Atom Mobile processor and features 10.1-inch LED display, integrated WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN connection, integrated 1.3 MP webcam, Blurtooth +EDR connection, 160-GB 2.5-inch internal hard drive and 2.1 channel speaker system with 1.5W subwoofers for good quality audio.
The new Samsung N120 ultra-portable Netbook appears to be cross between Samsung NC10 netbook PC and Samsung N110 netbook PC. This netbook is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N270, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility. The keyboard of this ultra-portable netbook PC is 93% the size of a regular desktop keyboard offering ease and comfort in trying.
The Intel Atom processor N270 uses a new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Samsung N120 netbook is also equipped with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which reduces average system power consumption. The enhanced low-power sleep states (C1E, C2E, C4E) are optimized for power by forcibly reducing the performance state of the processor when it enters a package low-power state.
Designed specifically for mobile devices, the Samsung N120 netBook uses a brand new design structure the dynamic L2 cache sizing -that reduces electrical leakage in transistors-to conserve energy, giving you more time away from the wall outlet.
This new range of Ultra Portable Samsung N120 NetBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The new Samsung N120 netbook is about half a inch wider with a little larger chassis than the Samsung N110 netbook, which allows for a larger keyboard than other netbook PCs in market today (about 93% of standard desktop keyboard) and it is equipped with two front facing internal speakers one each on left and right side of screen and integrated 1.5 subwoofer speakers below the keyboard, togather yielding some really high quality audio output than most of the other netbooks.
The 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor N270 in Samsung N120 netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer (FSB) on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data) build with Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Mainboard.
Samsung N120 netBook features 1-GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (maximum 2-GB via a standard SO-DIMM module) and a 160-GB internal 2.5-inch 5400 rpm SATA hard drive. There is provision to connect CD/DVD optical drive of choice but no optical drive is packaged.
Samsung N120 Netbook comes with Microsoft Windows XP Home (SP3) preinstalled, and this netBook is equipped with 10.1-inch Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display having 200nit brightness powered by integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics chipset with shared memory capable of maximum resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
The N120 netbook also sports integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam which is placed in the bezel above the LCD. In addition, the netBook also sports build-in stereo speakers and built-in Digital Array Microphones.
Available in several colors, the new Samsung N120 ultra-mobie netBook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection and Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR wireless connection which allows faster downloads from the internet, quick data transfer and non- drop net connectivity.
In addition, Samsung N120 netBook also offers integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, an integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity. On the left and right sides of the computer there is Ethernet LAN RJ45 connector and power jacks and all 3 USB ports, plus VGA port, and mic and headphone jacks.
The ultra-light weight Samsung N120 comes with many windows software already installed which includes: Samsung Recovery Solution, Samsung Magic Doctor, Samsung Update plus Easy Display Manager, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy Speedup Manager, McAfee Virus Scan, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.
Other features of Samsung N120 ultra mobile netBook PC includes integrated VGA resolution webcam, 3-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 3 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
Weighing 1.27 Kgs, the Samsung N120 ultraportable netbook comes with 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery which provides upto 8 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
3 USB v2.0 ports
- RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- RJ-11 Fax/Modem Port
- External MIC Input
- External Audio Out
- VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
- 3-in-1 Media Card Slot, SD, SDHC, MMC
Samsung N120 Ultra-Portable Netbook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N270, 1.6 GHz
- 512 KB L2 Cache, 533 MHz AGTL+ FSB
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset Mainboard
- 1-GB DDR2 SDRAM, 667 Mhz, Max. upto 2 GB maximum
- 160-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 10.1-inch Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display, 220nit brightness, 1024 x 600 pixels screen resolution
- Integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics Chipset with shared memory
- Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection
- Integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection
- Integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam (placed in the bezel above the LCD)
- 3-in-1 Media Card Reader, SD, SDHC, and Multimedia Card (MMC)
- 3 USB v2.0 ports
- 83 Keys spill-proof keyboard Keyboard (93% fullsize of standard laptop)
- Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware
- Built-in 2.1 Channel Surround speakers plus 1.5W Subwoofer speakers
- Built-in Digital Array Microphone
- Windows XP Home SP3
- 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, upto 8 hrs battery life
- Dimensions: 10.7 x 7.4 x 1.17 inch
- Weight: 1.27 Kgs (with battery pack)
The Samsung N120 Ultra-portable Netbook PC powered by Intel Atom ULV processor N270 and featuring 10.1-inch display, 160-GB SATA hard drive and Windows XP is available in India for Rs. 26,327 (including local tax) and comes with one year standard warranty. Visit www.samsung.com for more details.
- Samsung N110 Ultra-Portable Netbook Launched
- Samsung NC10 Ultra-Portable Netbook
- Samsung N140 Netbook With Windows 7 Launched in India
- Samsung NF310 10-inch NetBook Launched; Features Intel Atom N550 Dual-Core Processor
- Samsung N310 Netbook With Anti-Bacterial Keyboard Launched
- Intex N101-WC1100 Netbook With 10-inch Display Launched
- Samsung NB30 Pro Premium Business Class NetBook Launched With 10.1-inch Display
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- Samsung NF210 Netbook With Dual-Core Intel ATOM Processor Launched in India