Transcend has announced the availability of 16GB microSDHC Class 6 flash memory card and Transcend P3 compact USB card reader Combo kit in India. The kit helps safe storage of tiny microSDHC card and easier than ever transfer of data between mobile phones and computers.
The Transcend high capacity, high performance microSDHC Class 6 memory cards are designed for today’s advanced compact microSDHC compliant device and they are fully compatible with the SD 2.0 standard and are rated Class 6, offering guaranteed performance and write speeds of no less than 6MB/s ensuring that device remains quick and responsive while saving, copying, recording or viewing files.
More and more users prefer to store large amount of pictures, movies, music and other contents their cell phone which has resulted in demand for fast, dependable, high capacity memory cards used to supplement internal memory of mobile phones.
The 16-GB microSDHC Flash memory card allows users to store massive volumes of all sorts of personal files, music, digital photos, and even full-length HDTV movies and still have space left for work or school documents.
Transcend offers this combo package that includes a microSDHC card bundled with an ultra-compact USB memory card reader to make transferring data between mobile phones and computer easier and safer. One need to simply remove the microSDHC flash memory card from cell phone and slide it into the P3 USB card reader which can now be inserted right into a standard USB port of any laptop or desktop PC.
The microSDHC flash card has built-in Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct transfer errors and supports Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM) technology.
The 16-GB capacity microSDHC flash card also allows In System Programming (ISP) for updating firmware and it supports auto-standby, power-off and sleep modes.
The P3 USB card reader functions just like a standard USB flash mass storage drive, with an added ability to upgrade to an even higher capacity microSDHC card as and when they are available in future.
The Transcend P3 USB card reader supports all the Microsoft operating systems including Windows 98SE / Me / 2000 / XP / Vista, besides Mac and Linux, providing seamless data exchange between different operating systems and is equipped with easy plug and play operation and featuers a high-speed USB 2.0 interface (with support for USB 1.0/1.1). There is no worry about plugging and unplugging the flash drive as it not have any external power or battery.
Transcend microSDHC Flash Card Features
- Easy to use, plug-and-play operation
- Fully compatible with SD 2.0 Standards
- Write speeds of 6MB/s
- Only 10% the size of a standard SD card
- SDHC Class 6 compliant
- MicroSD adapter allows it to be used in standard SD Card slots, compatible with all SDHC-labeled host devices
- Built-in Error Correcting Code (ECC) to detect and correct transfer errors
- Complies with Secure Digital Music Initiative (SDMI) portable device requirements
- Supports Content Protection for Recordable Media (CPRM)
- Allows In System Programming (ISP) for updating firmware
- Supports auto-standby, power-off and sleep modes
- RoHS compliant
Transcend P3 USB Card Reader Features
- Fully Compliant with the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 specification
- Supports the direct input of Memory Card: microSD
- Hi-Speed Data transfer rates up to 480Mb/s
- USB powered (no external power or battery needed)
- Op. Voltage: 2.7V~3.6V
- Op. Temperature: -25°C(-13°F) to 85°C(185°F)
- Durability: 10,000 insertion/removal cycles
- Size: 11mm x 15mm x 1.0 mm
- Weight: 0.4 g ms
The Transcend 16-GB microSDHC Flash memory Card with P3 USB Card reader combo pack is available for Rs. 6,000 with 3 year microSDHC card warranty and life time warranty for USB card reader.
- Transcend Class 2 32GB microSDHC Memory Card for Mobile Phones Announced in India
- Transcend Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Cards in India; Offers 20 MB/sec Speed
- Transcend RDP7 Multi USB Card Reader / USB HUB Launched
- Transcend Introduces New Industrial-Grade Memory Cards – microSDHC Class 10 and CF170 CompactFlash
- Transcend Unveils 64GB Class 10 SDXC Memory Card
- Transcend 32-GB 133x Compact Flash Memory Card
- Kingston Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Cards in India; Offers 10 MB/sec Speed
- Kingston Launches 32GB microSDHC Class 4 Memory Cards
- Silicon Power Launches microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card