Samsung has announced today the launch of Solid Extreme mobile phone that is designed with withstand severe wet and dusty operating conditions.
Being both water and dust resistant, Samsung Solid Extreme mobile features a rubberized covering which keeps it protected in the harshest environments.
The Samsung Solid Extreme seems to have been designed for use by folks who engage regularly in extreme sports or work in tough and harsh conditions. Samsung claims that Solid Extreme mobilephone can be fully submerged in water to the depth of upto 30 cm.
The Samsung Solid Extreme is a upgraded version of the Samsung Solid (Samsung M110) launched in Jan 2008 which sports such unique features built-in anti-shock, anti-water and anti-dust properties to make it really rugged handset for all weather conditions. Samsung Solid too features a rubberized covering which keeps it protected in the harshest environments.
The Samsung Solid Extreme is infact build with very basic functions, unlike most of the latest phones with fancy features, but is designed to be able to withstand a little abuse and harsher conditions.
The Samsung Solid Extreme mobile phone features MP3 media player, integrated FM Radio with with Visual Radio feature and a basic 1.3 Megapixel digital cam which is video-recording capable.
The Solid Extreme comes with 7-MB of internal memory and sports microSD expansion slot supporting upto 8-GB memory card.
Some other feature of this phone includes built-in torch/flash light, SOS dialing and noise cancellation technology for clear talk.
The Samsung Solid Extreme mobile handset is armed with mobile tracker feature that helps users track their phone in case they happen to lose it. In an event of being lost, stolen or misplaced, the Mobile Tracker feature sends an SMS prompt to a pre-determined number whenever the SIM card is changed thus improving chances of recovering the handset.
In addition, the Solid Extreme mobilephone has a powerful internal speakerphone is included to give users a hands-free comfort.
Samsung Solid Extreme Mobile Phone Features
- Water and Dust Resistant
- 2.2-inch 256K color TFT display
- 7-MB internal memory
- microSD expansion slot, maximum 8-GB
- WAP 2.0 / xHTML
- Bluetooth v2.0 Connection
- USB 2.0 port
- FM Radio
- Noise Cancellation technology
- 1.3 Megapixel digital camera
- Video recording
- Built-in Torch
- Mobile Tracker
The newly announced Samsung Solid Extreme mobile phones would be available for users in India hopefuly by Q3 2009. There are no details on the price of the phone.
- Samsung M600 Mobile Phone With VGA Camera and FM Radio
- Samsung Guru200 Mobile Phone
- Samsung C160 Entry Level Mobile Phone
- Samsung Guru100 Entry-Level Mobile Phone
- Samsung Guru 300 Entry-Level Mobile Phone
- Samsung Dual-Sim Mobile Phones
- New Samsung E2370 Mobile Phone Offers 67-Days Standby, 22-Hrs Talktime
- Samsung Metro 5200 Slide Phone Launched in India
- Samsung B5722 Dual-SIM Touchscreen Phone Launched, Featuring Advanced Mobile Tracker