Transcend has launched in India its 192-GB capacity 2.5-inch form factor Solid State Drive which incorporates industry-standard SATA II data transfer interface that allows easy installation in most laptop computers and mainstream PCs alike.
Solid State Drives (SSD) weigh less, use significantly less power and are less prone to damage as compared to conventional hard disk drives (HDD).
In addition, Solid State Hard Drives (SSD) significantly enhance performance in comparison to conventional hard disk drive. SSD’s boot times are 25-50 percent faster and data access is 300 times faster for reading and 150 % faster for writing.
Transcend SSD is based on the reliable NAND flash memory which does not contains any moving parts unlike Hard Disk Drives and is industry standard SATA II compliant.
The SSD features a new powerful controller in addition to Transcend’s own MLC support and non-volatile flash memory for longer data retention.
Being made of Solid State devices, the Transcend SSD can resist mechanical failure that generally occurs due to vibration, accidential or operational shocks and heat produced due to constant movement of various parts in convensional HDD.
Transcend 192-GB SSD offers incredible latency of about 0.2ms that helps the computer to boot up faster in addition to games to run more smoothly.
Transcend claims that its MLC-equipped 192-GB 2.5-inch Solid State Drive provides a higher level of performance than conventional 2.5-inch hard disk drives and deliverers sustained data transfer read speed of up to 150MB per second and write speed of upto 90MB per seconds.
Transcend 192-GB SSD is fully compatible with a built-in ECC (Error Correction Code) functionality for accurate data transfer and features wear-leveling technology that offers long-term reliability.
The Transcend SSD features the industry-standard SATA II interface 2.5-inch form factor which makes it compatible with almost every laptop and netbook computer in the market today.
Weighing just 48 gm and measuring 100 x 69.85 x 9.5mm in size, the Transcend 192-GB Solid State Drive boasts of enhanced performance with virtually non-existent 0.2ms latency.
Transcend SSD offers a MTBF of around 1 million hours - equivalent to about 114 years and is guaranteed to resist shocks of up to 1500G for 0.8ms and vibrations of up to 3.0G at 5-800Hz frequencies.
Transcend 2.5-inch 192 GB Solid State Drive Features
- Solid State Drive
- 192 GB Capacity
- 2.5-inch height
- Read Speed – 150 MB per seconds
- Write speed - 90 MB per seconds
- 0.2ms Latency
- Integrated RCC (Error Correction Code)
- Wear Leveling Technology
- 1 Million Hours (114 years) MTBF
- Upto 1500 G Shock resistance
- Weight: 48 gms
The Transcend 2.5-inch 192-GB Solid State Drive is available in India for Rs. 37,450 with two year warranty.
- Corsair FORCE Series 3 Solid State Drives Announced with SATA III 6Gbps Interface
- Intel Launched Affordable X25-V Value SATA Solid State Drive (SSD)
- Transcend 2.5-inch SATA Solid State Drive (SSD) Launched in India
- Transcend SSD18C3 Portable SSD with USB 3.0 Launched in India
- Seagate Momentus XT 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive Launched
- Transcend Upgrades 2.5-inch Solid State Drive (SSDs) Lineup with Speed Enhancements and Maximum Capacity
- Strontium Launches World’s Fastest Matrix Series SSDs and Mainstream Gamma Series SSDs in India
- WD Launches Fast & Rugged SiliconEdge Blue 2.5-inch Solid State Drives (SSD)
- Transcend mSATA and Half-slim Solid State Drive for Small Form Factor Devices Launched in India