Lenovo has recently launched its first NetBook in India, the Lenovo IdeaPad S10 which is powered by Intel Atom N270 Processor and it features 10.2-inch WXGA display, integrated Bluetoth v2.0+EDR wireless connection, 3-in-1 media card reader, and integrated Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g connection.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 ultra-portable Netbook is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N270, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
The Intel Atom processor N270 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
This new range of Ultra Portable Lenovo IdeaPad S10 NetBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
Powered by 1.60 GHz, Intel Atom Processor N270, the Lenovo IdeaPad S10 is equipped with a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz and a 512-KB of cache.
Weighing 1.25 Kgs with 6-cell power pack, the Lenovo S10 netbook offers 512-MB DDR2 (533 MHz) SDRAM with max 2-GB in 2 DIMM slots, a 160 GB Serial-ATA 5400 rpm 2.5 inch harddisk, but no optical drive. A USB based external optical drive can be attached if required.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netBook is equipped with 10.2-inch wide screen Transflective TFT WXGA display powered by Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 950 graphics chipset with upto 64 MB RAM that offers native resolution of 1048 x 600 in widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio in 16M colors. The graphics chipset supports Direct x 9.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, and Open GL 1.4.
The Lenovo S10 netBook comes with Windows XP Home OS preinstalled and it also features built-in 4-in-1 Memory card reader supporting SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro memory cards, 3 USB v2.0 ports, and IEEE1394 Interface for high speed communication between two devices like transferring images without any quality degradation from a stand alone camera or camcorder to a PC.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netBook offers integrated Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g wireless LAN connection along with Bluetooth v2.0+EDR wireless data connection for enhanced wireless connectivity. In addition, it also sports integrated 10/100 Ethernet Network Card. There is no internal modem so a USB based external modem could be attached.
Integrated Touch Pad features a wider touch pad area which provides two modes to avoid the incident touching of Touch Pad when using a mouse.
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netBook also offers Lenovo’s own One-Touch-System-Recovery feature and it comes with various software preinstalled such as Shuttle Centre, Power 2 GO, Veriface, Easy Capture 2.5, IGRS Anywhere and Norton anti-virus software.
Other features of Lenovo S10 ultra-mobile netBook PC includes integrated 1.3 Megapixel resolution webcam, 4-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 2 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10 netbook comes with 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery which provides upto 6 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
- 2 USB v2.0
- Audio/S-video in
- External Display (VGA)
- External Microphone/Line-In
- Headphone/Line out
- IEEE 1394
- RJ-45 (Ethernet)
- TV/S-Video out port
- 3-in-1 Media Card Reader
Lenovo IdeaPad S10 NetBook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N270, 1.60 GHz
- 512-KB L2 Cache, 533 Mhz FSB
- 512-MB DDR2 (533 MHz), 2 DIMM slots (Max. 2-GB in 2 slots)
- 160-GB Serial-ATA harddrive, 5200 rpm
- No internal Optical Drive
- 10.2 inch widescreen TFT WXGA VibrantView display, 1024 x 600 pixels maximum resolution, 16M colors
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Intel GMA 950, shared video memory, supports Direct x 9.0 acceleration, Dual independent display option, Dynamic Display Detect, Open GL 1.4
- Built-in Speakers
- Internal Microphone
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel Webcam
- 10/100 Ethernet Network Card
- No internal Modem
- 802.11 a/b/g Wireless LAN Connection
- Bluetooth v2.0+EDR wireless connection
- 4-in-1 Memory card reader, SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Windows XP Home
- 6 cell Lithium Ion Battery with 3.5 hrs backup
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 250.2 x 183 x 27.5 mm
- Weight: 1.25 Kgs (with battery pack)
The Lenovo IdeaPad S10 NetBook powered by Intel Atom N270 Processor and featuring 10.2-inch display with Windows XP is available in India for about Rs 23,990 (plus taxes) with standard 1-year carry-in warranty. Visit www.lenovo.com/in for more details.
- Lenovo IdeaPad S9 NetBook
- Lenovo Launches IdeaPad S10-3t Tablet Netbook PC With Touchscreen Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3 Netbook PC Powered by Intel Atom Processor
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s ‘Moon’ Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- Lenovo IdeaPad S10-3s WIND Netbook Launched; Offers Upgraded 10.1-inch 1280×720 Resolution Display
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India
- Lenovo IdeaPad Z360 Notebook Launched, Features Intel Core i3/i5 CPU & NVIDIA GeForce 310M Graphics
- Lenovo IdeaPad U310 and U410 Ultrabook laptops Launched
- Top 10 NetBook PCs With Small Size Displays