Samsung has announced today Samsung X460 Notebook which is powered by Core 2 Duo processor P7350 and features 13.3-inch WXGA Baclkit LED display, integrated WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN connection, integrated 1.3 MP webcam, Bluetooth+EDR connection, and Fingerprint reader.
Samsung X460 Notebook PC powered by 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350, and it features 3-MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB build using Intel GM45 + ICH9M Express Chipset Mainboard.
The Samsung X460 features 3-GB DDR2 SDRAM 800 Mhz RAM with upto 8 GB maximum RAM in 2 Slot, a 250-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive with S.M.A.R.T Technology and 8x Super Multi Dual Layer DVD Writer with LightScribe
1.25-inch thick, the new Samsung X460 Notebook PC comes with Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium preinstalled, and this notebook is equipped with 14.1-inch (35.8 cm) Widescreen SuperBright WXGA Backlit LED display having 300 nit brightness powered by integrated nVidia GeForce 9200 GS Discrete Graphics chipset with 256 MB GDDR3 dedicated video memory capable of maximum resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels.
The Samsung X460 Notebook also sports integrated 1.3 Megapixel DigitalMotion webcam which is placed in the bezel above the LCD. In addition, the notebook sports build-in stereo speakers and built-in Digital Array Microphones.
Available in Black color, the Samsung X460 notebook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection and Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR wireless connection.
In addition, Samsung X460 Notebook also offers integrated 10/100/1000 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, an integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity. The notebook also features HDMI digital out port and 34 mm ExpressCard slot.
Installed software includes :- Samsung Recovery Solution, Samsung Magic Doctor, Samsung Update plus Easy Display Manager, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy Speedup Manager, McAfee Virus Scan, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.
Other features of Samsung X460 notebook PC includes integrated Biometric Fingerprint Reader, 83 Keys Silver nano Anti-Bacteria Keyboard, integrated 7-in-1 card reader, which handles MS, MS Pro, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus and xD., 3x USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
Weighing 1.84 Kgs, the Samsung X460 notebook comes with 6-cell, Li-Ion, 3700 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery which provides upto 6 hrs battery life (without Wi-Fi) and the Notebook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
3 USB v2.0 ports
- RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- RJ-11 Fax/Modem Port
- External MIC Input
- External Audio Out
- VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
- 7-in-1 Media Card Slot
- HDMI Digital Out Port
- 34 mm ExpressCard Slot
- Fingerprint Reader
- P-Dock Port
Samsung X460 Notebook PC Features
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor P7350, 2.0 GHz
- 3-MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB
- Intel PM45 + ICH9M Express Chipset Mainboard
- 3-GB DDR2 SDRAM, 800 Mhz, Max. upto 8 GB maximum in 2 SODIMM Slots
- 250-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive, SMART Technology
- 8x Super Multi Dual Layer DVD Writer with LightScribe
- 14.1-inch (35.8 cm) Widescreen SuperBright WXGA Backlit LED display, 300 nits brightness
- nVidia GeForce 9200 Discrete Graphics chipset with 256 MB dedicated video memory
- 1280 x 800 Pixels screen resolution
- Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection
- Integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection
- Integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam (placed in the bezel above the LCD)
- Fingerprint Reader
- 7-in-1 card reader, which handles MS, MS Pro, SD, SDHC, MMC, MMC plus and xD memory cards.
- 3x USB v2.0 ports
- 83 Keys Silver Nano Anti-Bacteria Keyboard (93% fullsize)
- Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware
- Build-in Stereo 2 stereo speaker system 1.5 Watts each
- Built-in Digital Array Microphone
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- 6-cell, Li-Ion, 3700 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, upto 6 hrs battery life
- Dimensions: 339 x 247 x 30.65 / 37.95 mm
- Weight: 1.84 Kgs (with battery pack)
The Samsung X460 Notebook PC powered by Intel Core 2 Duo processor P7350 and featuring 14.1-inch display is available in India from leading Samsung dealers and all PC retail outlets including Croma. Visit www.samsung.com for more details.