Samsung has announced today Samsung NC10 Ultra-Portable Netbook which is powered by Intel Atom Mobile processor and features 10.2-inch LED display, integrated WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN connection, integrated 1.3 MP webcam, Blurtooth +EDR connection, and 160-GB 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
Samsung NC10 ultra-portable Netbook is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N270, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
The Intel Atom processor N270 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Samsung NC10 netbook is also equipped with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which reduces average system power consumption. The enhanced low-power sleep states (C1E, C2E, C4E) are optimized for power by forcibly reducing the performance state of the processor when it enters a package low-power state.
Designed specifically for mobile devices, the Samsung NC10 netBook uses a brand new design structure the dynamic L2 cache sizing -that reduces electrical leakage in transistors-to conserve energy, giving you more time away from the wall outlet.
This new range of Ultra Portable Samsung NC10 NetBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor N270 in Samsung NC10 netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer (FSB) on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Samsung NC10 10.2-inch netBook features 1-GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (maximum 2-GB via a standard SO-DIMM module) and a 160-GB internal 2.5-inch 5400 rpm SATA hard drive. There is provision to connect CD/DVD optical drive of choice but no optical drive is packaged.
Samsung NC10 Netbook comes with Microsoft Windows XP (SP3) preinstalled, and this netBook is equipped with 10.2-inch Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display having 200nit brightness powered by integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics chipset with shared memory capable of maximum resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
The NC10 netbook also sports integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam which is placed in the bezel above the LCD. In addition, the Samsung NC10 NetBook also sports build-in stereo speakers and built-in Digital Array Microphones.
Available in Blue, White and Black colors, the Samsung NC10 ultra-mobie netBook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection and Bluetooth v2.0 with EDR wireless connection.
In addition, Samsung NC10 netBook also offers integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, an integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity.
Installed software includes :- Samsung Recovery Solution, Samsung Magic Doctor, Samsung Update plus Easy Display Manager, Easy Battery Manager, Easy Network Manager, Easy Speedup Manager, McAfee Virus Scan, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.
Other features of Samsung NC10 ultra mobile netBook PC includes integrated VGA resolution webcam, 3-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, SDHC and Multimedia Card (MMC), 3 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
Weighing 1.27 Kgs, the Samsung NC10 netbook comes with 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery which provides upto 8 hrs battery life and the Netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
3 USB v2.0 ports
- RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- RJ-11 Fax/Modem Port
- External MIC Input
- External Audio Out
- VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
- 3-in-1 Media Card Slot, SD, SDHC, MMC
Samsung NC10 Ultra-Portable Netbook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N270, 1.6 GHz
- 512 KB L2 Cache, 533 MHz AGTL+ FSB
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- 1-GB DDR2 SDRAM, 667 Mhz, Max. upto 2 GB maximum
- 160-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 10.2-inch Widescreen SuperBright WSVGA LED display, 220nit brightness, 1024 x 600 pixels screen resolution
- Integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics Chipset with shared memory
- Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection
- Integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection
- Integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection
- Bluetooth v2.0 + EDR
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam (placed in the bezel above the LCD)
- 3-in-1 Media Card Reader, SD, SDHC, and Multimedia Card (MMC)
- 3 USB v2.0 ports
- 83 Keys Keyboard (93% fullsize)
- Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware
- Build-in Stereo 2 stereo speaker system 1.5 Watts each
- Built-in Digital Array Microphone
- Windows XP Home SP3
- Colors: Blue, Black and White
- 6-cell, Li-Ion, 5200 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, upto 8 hrs battery life
- Dimensions: 10.27 x 7.3 x 1.19 inch
- Weight: 1.27 Kgs (with battery pack)
The Samsung NC10 Netbook PC powered by Intel Atom ULV processor N270 and featuring 10.2-inch display, 160-GB SATA hard drive and Windows XP is available in India for Rs. 28,500 (including local tax) and comes with one year standard warranty. Visit www.samsung.com for more details.
- Samsung N110 Ultra-Portable Netbook Launched
- Samsung N120 Ultra-Portable Netbook PC Launched
- Simmtronics 10.2-inch Ultra-portable NetBook
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- Intex N101-WC1100 Netbook With 10-inch Display Launched
- Samsung N140 Netbook With Windows 7 Launched in India
- Asus Eee PC 904H Ultra-Portable NetBook
- Asus Eee PC 904HA Ultra Portable NetBook
- Asus Eee PC 1000H Ultra-Portable NetBook