Simmtronics has announced today a Intel Atom Mobile processor based NetBook PC, which is powered by Intel Atom ULV processor and features 10.2-inch LED display, integrated WiFi 802.11b/g wireless LAN connection, integrated 1.3 MP webcam, built-in 2-in-1 media card reader slot, and 160-GB of standard internal hard drive.
Simmtronics 10.2-inch ultra-portable Netbook is designed as low-cost, Internet-centric mobile computing devices also called NetBooks and is powered by 1.6 GHz Intel Atom ULV (ultra low voltage) Processor N270, specifically designed for small devices and low power consumption, while maintaining the Intel Core 2 Duo instruction set compatibility.
The Intel Atom processor N270 uses a brand new design structure that packs in 47 million transistors into a single chip sized at just 22mm (0.87 inches), and the processor uses just 2.5 watts of power which is less than 1/10th of the 35 watts used by an Intel Core 2 Duo processor.
Designed specifically for mobile devices, the Simmtronics netBook uses a brand new design structure the dynamic L2 cache sizing -that reduces electrical leakage in transistors-to conserve energy, giving you more time away from the wall outlet.
This revolutionary new range of Ultra Portable Simmtronics NetBook is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The netBook is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient.
The 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor N270 in Simmtronics netBook also includes a power-optimized front side bus of 533 MHz for faster data transfer (FSB) on demanding mobile applications and a 512 KB L2 cache (which temporarily stores data).
Simmtronics 10.2-inch netBook features 1-GB DDR2 667 MHz SDRAM (maximum 2-GB via a standard SO-DIMM module) and perhaps a 120-GB internal 2.5-inch SATA hard drive. There is provision to connect CD/DVD optical drive of choice but no optical drive is packaged.
The Simmtronics netBook uses a brand new design structure which reduces electrical current leakage in transistors to help conserve energy, resulting in increased battery life.
Simmtronics 10.2-inch netbook is also equipped with Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology which reduces average system power consumption. The enhanced low-power sleep states (C1E, C2E, C4E) are optimized for power by forcibly reducing the performance state of the processor when it enters a package low-power state.
Linux preinstalled, Simmtronics 10.2-inch netBook is equipped with 10.2-inch LED display powered by integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics chipset with shared memory capable of maximum resolution of 1024 x 600 pixels.
It also sports integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam which is placed in the bezel above the LCD. In addition, the Simmtronics NetBook also sports build-in stereo speakers and built-in Digital Array Microphones.
Available in Red, White and Black colors, the Simmtronics ultra-mobie netBook also features integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection but does not feature integrated bluetooth connection.
In addition, Simmtronics netBook also offers integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection, an integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection and sports 3 USB v2.0 ports for wired connectivity.
Other features of Simmtronics ultra mobile netBook PC includes integrated VGA resolution webcam, 2-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS) media cards, 3 USB v2.0 ports, Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware with build-in 2 stereo speaker system of 1.5 Watts each and also sports built-in Microphone.
The netbook is designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
2 USB v2.0 ports
- RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
- RJ-11 Fax/Modem Port
- External MIC Input
- External Audio Out
- VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
- 2-in-1 Media Card Slot
Simmtronics 10.2-inch Netbook Features
- Intel Atom Processor N270, 1.6 GHz
- 512 KB L2 Cache, 533 MHz AGTL+ FSB
- Enhanced Intel SpeedStep Technology
- 1-GB DDR2 SDRAM, 667 Mhz, Max. upto 2 GB maximum
- 120-GB, SATA 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 10.2-inch LED display, 1024 x 600 pixels screen resolution
- Integrated Intel GMA 950 Graphics Chipset with shared memory
- Integrated WiFi 802.11b/g Wireless LAN mini PCI-E connection
- Integrated 10/100 Mbit Ethernet LAN connection
- Integrated 56kbps Modem/Fax connection
- Integrated 1.3 Megapixel webcam (placed in the bezel above the LCD)
- 2-in-1 Media Card Reader, Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS)
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Realtek ALC6628 Hi-Definition Audio 5.1 CODEC Hardware
- Build-in Stereo 2 stereo speaker system 1.5 Watts each
- Built-in Digital Array Microphone
- Linux with limited functionality
- Colors: Red, Black and White
- 4-cell, Li-Ion, 4400 mAh, 7.4 volts Battery, upto 5 hrs battery life
The Simmtronics Netbook PC powered by Intel Atom ULV processor N270 and featuring 10.2-inch display, 120-GB SATA hard drive and Windows XP OS is available in India for Rs. 21,990 (including local tax) and comes with one year standard warranty.
- LG Launches X200 Netbook Having 10.1-inch Display
- Samsung NC10 Ultra-Portable Netbook
- Asus Eee PC 904H Ultra-Portable NetBook
- The Rugged Simmtronics VM04L USB Flash Drives Released in India
- Asus Eee PC 904HA Ultra Portable NetBook
- Asus Eee PC 1000H Ultra-Portable NetBook
- Samsung N110 Ultra-Portable Netbook Launched
- Intex N101-WC1100 Netbook With 10-inch Display Launched
- Best Under Rs 30000 Laptop Computers in India