A new Google Android based handset Agora from a company Kogan Technologies in Australia is now available in pre-sale which is sold unlocked being free to be used on any cellular network across Australia.
The new Google’s Android handset is being offered by an Australian website Kogan in two versions viz. Kogan Agora standard and Kogan Agora Pro.
Based on Google’s Android mobile phone operating system, which is a open-source software platform that offers easy to use user interface, the new Kogan Agora standard and Kogan Agora Pro handsets are available on pre-sale and are unlocked state ready to be used on any network.
The new Google Android based Kogan Agora handset is 3G capable and it features a large 2.5-inch 320 x 240 pixels resolution TFT-LCD flat touch-sensitive QVGA display capable of 262K colors.
The Kogan Agora is equipped with a full QWERTY keypad and sports a strikingly similar design which gives it a look which is quite similar to Motorola’s Q9 Windows Mobile handset.
Google Android powered Kogan Agora handset is equipped with 624 MHz processor and it features 128 MB internal RAM. The handset sports sleek dimensions of 108 mm x 64 mm x 14.8 mm and weighs about 130 gms.
In addition, the Android based handset also features support for a microSD card slot for expandable memory, GPRS/EDGE data connectivity support and Bluetooth 2.0 with EDR wireless connectivity.
The Kogan Agora Pro version of the handset additionally offers builtin WiFi 802.11 wireless LAN connecivity, integrated GPS with Google Maps and a 2.0 megapixel digital camera.
The handset features host of mobile applications including Google Search, Google Gmail, Google Talk (with video), YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Calendar options.
The new Kogan Agora handset offers support for MIDI, MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, PCM for audio playback and MPEG2 H263, H264, MPEG4, AVI for video.
Kogan Agora Mobile Phone Features
GSM Quad-band GSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 2.5-inch, 256K colors QVGA 320 x 240 pixels Active matrix display
- Touch-sensitive display
- Full QWERTY Keyboard backlight
- 128-MB built-in memory
- microSD card slot, Up to 8-GB , hotswapable
- Multi-format attachment viewer allows easy viewing of email attachments
- GPRS Class 32, upto 100 kbps
- EDGE Class 32, 296 kbps
- 3G, 384 kbps speed connection
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g wireless network connection using Unlicensed Mobile Access (UMA) technology
- GSM Circuit-Switched Data up to 14.4 and 43.2 (HSCSD) kbps
- Bluetooth v2.0+EDR
- Infrared port
- USB v2.0
- Micro USB connector
- 2 Megapixel camera, 1600 x 1200 pixels resolution, 8x digital zoom, full screen viewfinder (no autofocus, no flash)
- Video recording, QVGA format, 15 fps
- Media Player – MIDI, MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, PCM
- Video Player MPEG2 H263, H264, MPEG4, AVI
- 64 channels Polyphonic ringtones, MP3 ringtones, ringtone composer
- Local synchronization over Bluetooth technology
- Polyphonic (64 channels), MP3, Monophonic & True Tones Ringtones
- Java MIDP 2.0, down loadable
- WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML
- Google Android OS
- SMS, MMS, Email, Push Email, IM
- Handsfree Speakphone
- Built-in speakerphone, conference calling
- Google Search, Google Gmail, Google Talk (with video), YouTube, Google Maps, and Google Calendar
- Dimensions: 108 x 64 x 14.8 mm
- Weight: 130 gms
Google Android powered Kogan Agora Standard version smartphone with full QWERTY keyboard is priced at about Rs. 14,900 and Kogan Agora Pro vession with 2.0 MP digital camera, buildtin GPS and WiFi connecivity is priced at about Rs. 24,000. Visit www.kogan.com.au for more details.
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- Google Updates Google Maps 4.7 With new Personalized Location Recommendations
- LG Unveils LG LU3000 Android 2.2 FroYo Powered Smartphone in Korea; Offers full 1080p HD Video Recording
- Google Maps 5.0 Released for Android Platform; Includes 3D Landscapes, Offline Navigation and Compass Mode
- Samsung Acclaim SCH-r880 Android Smartphone Launched, Features Full QWERTY Keyboard
- Sony Xperia X10 Mini Smartphone Powered by Google Android 1.6 OS Announced
- Micromax Unveils ANDRO A70 Smartphone With Android 2.2 Froyo
- Samsung Launches Android Powered i5700 Galaxy Spica Touchscreen Smartphone with GPS Support
- Google-Samsung Nexus S (i9020) Smartphone Announced With Android 2.3 Gingerbread