Asus has launched P5KPL-AM/PS motherboards based on G31 chipset supporting Intel Quad-Core CPU and featuring the revolutionary Asus Power Stabilizer technology for reliable power supply and supports Intel Core 2 multi-core and upcoming 45nm processors.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboards features support for SATA specification which doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s data transfer speed. The Native Command Queuing specification enables out-of-order execution of commands for efficient retrieval of data. Hot Plug support allows users to insert and remove hard disk drives without shutting off power to the system.
The Intel G31 Express Chipset used in Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard boosts gaming and multimedia experience with the integrated graphics engine Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 3100 graphics chipset. The motherboard supports 1333MHz FSB (front-side-bus), and delivers breakthrough advances in 3D and 2D graphics and video capabilities.
Asus’s exclusive overclocking design now able to unleash the ultimate potential of the Intel Core 2 processor. With the new Intel 45nm micro-architecture technology and FSB upto 1600 MHz (plus 1333 / 1066 / 800 MHz), the Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard allows support for latest Intel Core 2 Duo processor which are the most powerful and energy efficient CPUs in the world today.
The Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard LAN network interface delivers a high-speed LAN connection with data transfer rates up to 1000Mb/s, ideally suited for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents.
The Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard features Asus Power Stabilizer Technology which offers significant protection from power surges and unstable power supplies. The Power Stabilizer circuit constantly monitor all the power input voltages and effectively isolate (and protect) all components including CPU in an event of unstable power.
In addition motherboard also feature integrated 5000HR VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) conductive polymer solid capacitors technology for enhanced power efficiency and increased power stability at low temperatures for longer and durable computing experience.
The Asus P5KPL-AM/PS series motherboard has the Ultra Durable2 design for its CPU VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) that ensures better cooling, lower power loss and longer lifespan for computers in daily operation, consequently boosting system stability even under extreme conditions.
The motherboards supports Intel latest high performance CPU delivers the most energy-efficient performance. Based on Intel Micro Architecture, the Intel multi-core processors with 4 cores and two shared L2 caches provide the best capability-per-watt solutions and are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments.
The new Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard delivers 1600/1333/1066 or 800 MHz FSB and offers support for several latest CPUs including Intel Core 2 Extreme processor, Intel Core 2 Quad processor, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D processor, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, and Intel Pentium 4 processor, Intel Celeron processor in the Intel Socket LGA 775 package.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard also features PCI Express interface which provides scalable bandwidth for multi-purpose usage. The PCI-E x16 interface delivers the utmost graphics experience while PCI-E x1 interface delivers twice the bandwidth of up to 250 MB/s of PCI interface for new generation I/O peripheral devices.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard offers onboard 6-channel HD audio (High Definition Audio, previously codenamed Azalia) CODEC which enables high-quality 192 KHz/24-bit audio output, retasking functions and multi-streaming technology that simultaneously sends different audio streams to different destinations.
The Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard also offers integrated Serial ATA3.0 interface which is the next generation ATA specification that provides scalable performance. With up to 300 MB/s data transfer rate, Serial ATA II is faster than current Parallel ATA, while providing 100% software compatibility.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard also offers support for advanced Dual Channel DDR2 800 memory architecture, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications by doubling the bandwidth of system memory.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard offers integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMS 3100 with max screen resolution of 2048 x 1536 pixels and supporting Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and Windows Vista Aero experience.
Some other unique Asus features in this motherboard include:
EZ Flash2 – allows updating BIOS from a USB flash disk before entering the OS. EZ Flash is a user-friendly BIOS update utility. Simply press the pre-defined hotkey to launch this tool and update BIOS from a floppy disk before entering the OS.
CrashFree BIOS 3 – allows restoring corrupted BIOS data from USB flash disk. The ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3 allows users to restore corrupted BIOS data from a USB flash disk containing the BIOS file. This utility saves users the cost and hassle of buying a replacement BIOS chip.
ASUS Q-Fan – allows intelligently adjusts CPU fan speeds according to system loading to ensure quiet, cool and efficient operation.
Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard Features
- Micro ATX Form Factor
- Power Stabilizer
- Asus Q-Fan
- Asus EZ Flash 2
- Asus CrashFree BIOS 3
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100), Max Res. 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Integrated 4x SATA 3Gb/s HDD interface, 1x UntraDMA interface
- Intel Socket 775, CPU Support : Intel Core 2 Extreme processor, Intel Core 2 Quad processor, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D processor, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium 4 processor, Intel Celeron processor in the LGA 775 package
- FSB – 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz Overclock Speed
- Chipsets – North Bridge: Intel G31 Express Chipset, South Bridge: Intel ICH7
- Memory support- 2 x DIMM DDR2 1066/800/667 MHz
- Audio – Realtek ALC662 6 Channel High Defination Audio Codec
- LAN Card – Realtek 8111C chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- Expansion Slots:
- PCI Express x16 slot
- PCI Express x1 slot
- 2x PCI slot
- Internal I/O Connector / ports :
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x CD In connector
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers (4 in mid-board, 4 in back panel)
- 1 x surround/center audio header
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x power LED header
- 1 x chassis intrusion header
- Back Panel Connectors :
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x parallel port
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x D-Sub VGA port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- 6 Channel Audio port
- SM BIOS 2.5, 8-MB Flash ROM
- Supports all versions of Windows XP and Vista
- Size: 24.5 cm x 21.2 cm
The Asus P5KPL-AM/PS motherboard featuring power stabilizer technology is available for Rs. 2,975 (plus taxes) with one year warranty.
- Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 Motherboard Launched
- Simmtronics Launches Intel G41 Chipset Based G41T-M Motherboard
- ASUS P8P67 and P8H67 Series Motherboards Launched in India
- ASUS Launches SABERTOOTH P67 Chipset Based ASUS P8P67 Series Motherboard
- ASUS ROG Crosshair IV Extreme Motherboard Launched in India
- ASUS Offers World’s Fastest @ 2333 MHz Triple Channel Memory Chip on P6X58D Premium Motherboard
- Intel Desktop Board DG33FB Classic Series Motherboard
- Intel Desktop Board DG31PR Classic Series Motherboard
- Abacus Introduces ASRock 775i945GZ Motherboard