Gigabyte has launched GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards based on G31 chipset featuring the revolutionary Gigabyte Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) technology for better power efficiency and supports Intel Core 2 multi-core and upcoming 45nm processors.
Both Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards features support for SATA specification which doubles bus bandwidth from 1.5Gb/s to 3Gb/s data transfer speed. The Native Command Queuing specification enables out-of-order execution of commands for efficient retrieval of data. Hot Plug support allows users to insert and remove hard disk drives without shutting off power to the system.
The Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards LAN network interface delivers a high-speed LAN connection with data transfer rates up to 1000Mb/s, ideally suited for seamless internet connection such as streaming audio and video contents.
The Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 motherboard features GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) Technology which offers significant performance boosts and provides an overall more energy efficient platform. GIGABYTE Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) is able to provide exceptional power savings of up to 70% and up to 20% improved power efficiency without sacrificing computing performance.
The Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 series motherboard has the Ultra Durable2 design for its CPU VRM (Voltage Regulator Module) that ensures better cooling, lower power loss and longer lifespan for computers in daily operation, consequently boosting system stability even under extreme conditions.
The motherboards supports Intel latest high performance CPU delivers the most energy-efficient performance. Based on Intelâ€™s Micro Architecture, the Intel multi-core processors with 4 cores and two shared L2 caches provide the best capability-per-watt solutions and are an ideal choice for multi-media enthusiasts and intensive multi-tasking environments.
Both Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboard delivers 1333/1066 or 800 MHz FSB and offers support for several latest CPUs including Intel Core 2 Extreme processor, Intel Core 2 Quad processor, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D processor, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, and Intel Pentium 4 processor, Intel Celeron processor in the LGA 775 package.
Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboard also features PCI Express interface which provides scalable bandwidth for multi-purpose usage. The PCI-E x16 interface delivers the utmost graphics experience while PCI-E x1 interface delivers twice the bandwidth of up to 250MB/s of PCI interface for new generation I/O peripheral devices.
Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 motherboard also offers support for advanced Dual Channel DDR2 800 memory architecture, which delivers superior performance for the most demanding applications.
Both Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards offers integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMS 3100 support with Microsoft DirectX 9.0 and Windows Vista Aero experience.
Windows XP and Vista ready Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards also offer a unique feature viz. SAFE; which offers Excellent hardware design reinforced BIOS protection through GIGABYTE Virtual Dual BIOS Technology and GIGABYTE BIOS Setting Recovery Technology.
In addition, the motherboards comes with unique system software such as Xpress Recovery 2, PC Health Monitor, HDD S.M.A.R.T., and C.O.M. for further strengthening the stability and reliability of PC.
Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards Features
- Micro ATX Form Factor
- Dynamic Energy Saver (DES) technology
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 (Intel GMA 3100)
- Integrated SATA 3Gb/s HDD interface
- CPU Support – Intel Core 2 Extreme processor, Intel Core 2 Quad processor, Intel Core 2 Duo processor, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D processor, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium 4 processor, Intel Celeron processor in the LGA 775 package
- FSB – 1333/1066/800 MHz
- Chipsets – North Bridge: Intel G31 Express Chipset, South Bridge: Intel ICH7
- Memory support- 2 x DDR2 800/667 MHz
- Audio – Realtek ALC888 codec
- LAN Card – Realtek 8111C chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)
- Expansion Slots:
- PCI Express x16 slot
- PCI Express x1 slot
- Internal I/O Connector / ports :
- 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector
- 1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- 1 x IDE connector
- 4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x CPU fan header
- 1 x system fan header
- 1 x front panel header
- 1 x front panel audio header
- 1 x CD In connector
- 1 x S/PDIF Out header
- 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
- 1 x surround/center audio header
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x power LED header
- 1 x chassis intrusion header
- Back Panel Connectors :
- 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
- 1 x PS/2 mouse port
- 1 x parallel port
- 1 x serial port
- 1 x D-Sub port
- 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- 1 x RJ-45 port
- 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- AWARD BIOS
- Supports all versions of Windows XP and Vista
- Size: 24.4 cm x 21 cm
The Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 motherboard is available for Rs. 5,500 and GA-EG31MF-S2 motherboards is available for Rs. 6,000 with one year warranty.
- Simmtronics Launches Intel G41 Chipset Based G41T-M Motherboard
- Intel 865 Dual Core Series Motherboards Launched By Gigabyte
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Intel X58 Chipset Motherboard
- Asus P5KPL-AM/PS Motherboard
- GIGABYTE Motherboard becomes the first with validated 7.032 GHz CPU Clock World Record on Ivy Bridge
- Gigabyte Unveils G1-Killer Gaming Series Motherboards
- GIGABYTE USB 3.0 Motherboards Now Support USB Attached SCSI Protocol (UASP)
- Abacus Introduces ASRock 775i945GZ Motherboard
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 Intel X58 Chipset Motherboard