Sahara has announced Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC, which is powered by 500 MHz AMD Geode LX-800 Processor and it featuers 8-inch LCD TFT display, 60-GB hard drive, and 4.5 hrs of extended battery life.
Sahara seems to have launched this S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC in response to two ultra portable PCs viz. Asus Eee PC-4G Ultra Mobile PC and HCL’s HCL MiLeap Y-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop and HCL MiLeap X-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop which all sports 7-inch TFT LCD display and weigh around a single Kg.
With Linux OS preinstalled, Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC is powered by 500 MHz AMD Geode LX 800 Processor.
Build around AMD Geode CS5536 Chipset Mainboard the new Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC features 256-MB DDR2 SDRAM upgradable to with max 2-GB using two soDIMM modules, and 60-GB internal 5400 rpm hard disk drive. The ultra mobile PC does not feature any optical drive.
AMD Geode LX 800 technology, is uniquely optimized to deliver high performance with longer battery life, enhanced security and compatibility. The processor also offers Hyper Transport Technology for faster computing and Coolï¿½n’Quiet technology for low power consumption.
The Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC sports 8-inch (20.3 cm) XGA Widescreen TFT display powered by integrated AMD Geode CS5536 Graphics chipset with upto 64 MB shared memory built-in into mainboard, offering maximum of 800 x 480 pixels screen resolution.
Weighing 1.2 kgs, the Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC features Intel/PRO Wireless 2200BG 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connection but does NOT offer Ethernet LAN connection, or integrated modem/fax connection. But sub-botebook is equipped with PCMCIA One Mini PCMCIA Slot compliance support type A port and features 1 USB v1.1 port and two internal 1.5W quality stereo speakers.
In addition, Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC also features a 3-in-1 Memory card reader supporting SD, MMC, and MS memory cards.
The Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC comes with Linux OS with limited functionality preinstalled (is Microsoft Windows XP complient) and it comes with driver CD along with other software for multimedia and DVD writer applications.
Other features of Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC includes 1 USB v1.1 – 4 pin USB Type A ports, mini PCMCIA type-2 slot, and Touch Pad with 4-Way Scroll Function with 2 Click buttons.
Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC comes with 9-cells standard Li-Ion battery (4000/4400 mAh/cell) which can provide upto 4.5 hours of backup.
- 1 USB v1.1 – 4 pin USB Type A ports
- External display / video – VGA – 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- line-in/microphone – mini-phone 3.5 mm
- line-out/headphones – mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- mini PCMCIA Type-2 Slot
Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC
- AMD Geode LX 800 Processor, 500 MHz
- AMD Geode CS5536 Chipset Mainboard
- 256 MB DDR2 SDRAM, 400 MHz (max 2-GB using two soDIMM modules)
- 60-GB hard disk drive, 5400 rpm
- Optical Drive – NO
- 8-inch (20.3 cms) LCD TFT Wide screen, 800 x 480 resolution, high brightness 200nits
- Integrated AMD Geode CS5536 Graphics chipset with upto 254 MB shared memory
- Intel/PRO Wireless 2200BG 802.11b/g Wireless LAN connection
- PCMCIA One Mini PCMCIA Slot compliance support type A
- LAN Connection – NO
- Fax/modem – NO
- Linux OS
- 3-in-1 Memory card reader supporting SD, MMC, and MS memory cards
- 3 USB v2.0 ports
- ACï¿½97 Built-in stereo sound
- Built-in two stereo speakers
- Mic-in, Earphone-out Jack
- Li-Ion 8-cells standard battery, 2200/2400 mAh/cell, Upto 4.5 hrs backup
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) 250 x 188 x 36 mm
- Weight: 1.2 Kgx
The Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC with AMD Geode processor and 8-inch LCD TFT display is available for Rs. 14,900 with warranty and carry bag etc. Visit www.saharacomputers.co.in for more details. You may also visit download drivers for various Sahara notebook PCs.