The Lenovo ThinkPad X61s notebook PC is powered by 1.40 GHz Intel Pentium Core 2 Duo Processor L7300, and features 12.1-inch WXGA display, Integrated Wireless 802.11 a/b/g Network Connection, integrated Bluetooth and 4-in-1 media card reader.
The Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook PC is equipped with 1.40 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor L7300 with 2 MB L2 Cache, 667 MHz FSB featuring Intel Mobile 945GM Express Chipset motherboard, 1024-MB DDR2 PC2-5300 SDRAM (4-GB max), 160-GB 5400 rpm SATA hard disk drive and a standard 8X Super Multi Drive Dual Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer.
The Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook features 12.1-inch (30.7 cm) WXGA Widescren Active Matrix non-transflective LCD TFT display powered by integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 Graphics Chipset with upto 254-MB shared memory offering upto 1024 x 768 pixels screen resolution with 16.7 million colors in 24-bit.
Preloaded with Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition, Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook comes with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG – WiFi 802.11a/b/g wireless connection, integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection, and standard 56kbps V.92 fax/modem card and inbuilt Bluetooth v2.0 wireless connection.
All the components in the Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook PC are packed in a magnesium frame that forms the first line of defense against unfortunate fall. In addition, the harddisk in this Lenovo laptop is encased in shock absorbers and utilizing the standard ThinkPad HardDisk Active Protection mechanism.
The Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook PC sports a roll cage strong chassis and the inside components including the hard-disk are mounted within a sturdy magnesium cage that may reduce the amount of stress on internal components when the notebook is dropped by up to 30 per cent, all helping business travelers.
For enhanced security, the Lenovo ThinkPad X61s notebook also provides Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) security chip for enhanced system security and integrated biometric fingerprint reader allowing secured data and system access to authorized users.
In addition, another application viz ï¿½Ultimaco SafeGuard PrivateDiskï¿½ allows creation of a private partition which is not only password protected, but can be encrypted in such a manner that should the password be cracked, the data will not be readable except in another Lenovo ThinkPad notebook PC.
The Lenovo X61s notebook also features an integrated 3-in-1 card reader, which supports the SD, Memory Stick and MultiMedia Card. The laptop has two long and large stereo speakers strategically placed on either side of the keyboard.
The Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook PC also features many unique multimedia features including hot keys to control application functions and ports to easily upload digital images and video, which makes it ideal for business or home use.
Other features of Lenovo ThinkPad R61s includes 3 USB v2.0 compliant ports, ExpressCard 54mm slot, IEEE 1394, 4-pin Firewall port, PCMCIA Card Slot, Infrared port, and 25 pin standard Parallel D-Sub port.
Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook comes with several software and applications including PC Doctor, Adobe Reader, Google Picasa, Diskeeper Lite, Google Desktop, Sonic RecordNow!, Think Multimedia, InterVideo WinDVD, ThinkPad Utilities, Fingerprint Software, Symantec Client Security, ThinkVantage System Update, ThinkVantage Client Security, ThinkVantage Access Connections, ThinkVantage Productivity Center, ThinkVantage Rescue and Recovery, Sonic Solutions Drive Letter Access (DLA) and driver updates into one integrated interface
Weighing 1.57 Kgs without battery pack, the Lenovo Thinkpad X61s notebook PC is powered by a 8-cell lithium ion 5200 mAh Battery which can provide upto 7 hour backup on full charge and it allows extending the battery life by up to 15% using a unique Battery-Stretch technology, which allows customizing options such as minimising refresh rates and disabling wireless LAN and Bluetooth options to conserve the battery life.
- 3 x USB v2.0 compliant 4-pin connectors
- ExpressCard 54mm
- IEEE 1394, 4-pin Firewall port
- VGA port, 15 pin HD D-Sub (HD-15)
- RJ-45, Ethernet
- RJ-11, fax/modem
- Microphone-input, mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- S-Video TV-out, 4 pin mini-DIN
- PCMCIA Card Slot
- Infrared – IrDA
- Audio – line-out/headphones – mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm
- Docking / port replicator
- Parallel – IEEE 1284 (EPP/ECP) – 25 pin D-Sub (DB-25)
Lenovo ThinkPad X61s Notebook PC Features:
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor L7300, 1.40 GHz
- 2-MB L2 cache, 667 MHz FSB
- Mobile Intel 945GM Express Chipset
- 1024-MB DDR2 PC2-5300 667 Mhz SDRAM (2-GB maximum)
- 160-GB 5400 rpm SATA hard drive
- 8X Super Multi Drive Dual Layer (8.5 GB) DVD Writer
- 12.1-inch (30.7 cm) WXGA Widescreen Active Matrix LCD TFT display, 1024 x 768 pixels resolution
- Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA X3100 Graphics Chipset with upto 256-MB shared memory
- Integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG WiFi 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN
- Integrated 10/100 Fast Ethernet LAN
- 56Kbps V.92 Data/Fax Modem
- Integrated Bluetooth v2.0
- Microsoft Windows Vista Business Edition
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM 1.2) Security Chip, Fingerprint Reader
- 3-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting SD, Memory Stick and MultiMedia Card.
- ExpressCard/54 slot
- ACï¿½97 Audio Hardware, Stereo Speakers built-in
- Integrated Microphone
- Li-Ion 8-cell 5200mA Standard Battery, 7.0 hrs backup
- Dimensions: (WxDxH) – 10.6 in x 8.3 in x 1.1 inch
- Weight: 1.57 kg without power pack
The Lenovo ThinkPad X61s notebook with 8x DVD Writer drive and Windows Vista Business preinstalled is available in India for the price of Rs. 88,555/- with three year warranty. Visit www.lenovo.com/in for more details.
- Lenovo ThinkPad X60s Notebook PC
- Lenovo Thinkpad R52 (1858NQ7) Notebook PC
- Lenovo ThinkPad R61i Notebook PC
- Lenovo Z60m Thinkpad Widescreen Notebook PC
- Lenovo Thinkpad R60 (9458A18) Notebook PC
- Lenovo ThinkPad R60 Notebook PC
- Lenovo ThinkPad R61 Notebook PC
- Lenovo Thinkpad Z61 Series Notebook PC
- Lenovo ThinkPad X300 647418Q Notebook PC