HCL has announced HCL ‘MiLeap’ X Series ultra-portable range of Leaptops powered by Intel Celeron M processor 353 featuring 7-inch WXGA display, 2-GB Flash storage, option for hard drive, integrated WiFi 802.11a/b/g Wireless LAN Connection, and 4-in-1 Media Card Reader. The laptop is priced for INR 13,990 with taxes.
Made for indian environment the HCL ‘MiLeap’ X Series ultra-portable range of Laptops sports and a unique dustproof, shock-proof and durable design and they are powered by 900 MHz Intel Celeron M ULV Processor 353, with 512 KB L2 Cache and upto 400 MHz Front Side Bus featuring Mobile Intel 915GMS Express Chipset Motherboard, 512-MB DDR2 533 MHz SDRAM (Max. upto 2 GB in 2 slots) and removable 2-GB Flash Drive for data storage.
The Rs. 13,990 ultraportable HCL MiLeap X series laptop also offers option for internal 2.5-inch hard drive in various capacities which would comes at extra cost.
This revolutionary new range of Ultra Portable ‘MiLeap’ Laptops is targeted at consumer who needs to stay connected, informed, entertained and productive-anytime and anywhere. The laptop is designed lightweight and small in size making it convenient for use at all sorts of places like in home, gym, trains, bus, planes etc. where a larger size laptop might feel inconvenient. Company claims the HCL MiLeap Series of Ultra Portables are uniquely suitable for Women and School Children due to its sleek and ultra light design.
The new HCL MiLeap X series laptop offers 7-inch (17.78 cm) WXGA Widescreen TFT LCD display powered by integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 900 Graphics chipset with 8-MB dedicated memory offering maximum 800 x 480 pixels screen resolution in 16.7 million colors.
HCL MiLeap X series laptop, also being talked about as HCL Nano, does not sport any option for built-in Bluetooth, integrated optical drive (CD/DVD) or integrated webcam. HCL has also announced a MiLeap Y Series which provides enhanced features.
Weighing just about 1.4 kgs, the HCL ‘MiLeap’ X Series ultra-portable Laptop PC is also equipped with integrated Intel PRO/Wireless 3945 Network 802.11a/b/g LAN connection and it sports integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection. The ultra-portable laptop does not sports any built-in fax/modem card.
In addition, the laptop offers 2 USB v2.0 fast ports for wired connectivity and also features a standard IEEE1394 expansion slot.
The HCL ‘MiLeap’ X Series ultra-portable Laptop PC comes with Linux OS with limited functionality preinstalled and upgrading it to Microsoft Windows XP or Vista would require extra RAM and bootable internal hard drive all at extra cost.
The HCL MiLeap X Series laptop is equipped with Intel High Defination Audio hardware and build-in Stereo 2 stereo speaker system 1.5 Watts each and the laptop also features 4-in-1 Media Card Reader supporting Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS), Secure Digital Card, and MS-PRO media cards.
According to HCL, Leaptop MiLeap X Series laptops are designed to be a eco-efficient consumer and business notebooks, and are fully compliant with the RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) directive.
Ports on HCL MiLeap X Series Laptop PC
2 USB v2.0 ports
IEEE1394 FireWire Port
RJ-45 LAN Port 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet Controller
RJ-11 Fax/Modem Port
External MIC Input
External Audio Out
VGA Port 15 Pin D-Sub
4-in-1 Media Card Slot
HCL MiLeap X-Series Laptop
HCL ‘MiLeap’ X-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop Features
- Intel Celeron M ULV Processor 353, 900 MHz
- 512 KB L2 Cache, 400 MHz Front Side Bus
- Mobile Intel 915GMS Express Chipset Motherboard
- 512-MB DDR2 SDRAM, 533 Mhz, Max. upto 2 GB (2 slots)
- 2-GB Flash Drive, option for 2.5-inch internal hard drive
- 7-inch (17.78 cm), WXGA Widescreen TFT LCD Display, 800 x 480 pixels screen resolution
- Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator GMA 900 Graphics chipset with 8-MB dedicated memory
- Integrated WiFi 802.11a/b/g LAN connection
- Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet LAN connection
- 4-in-1 Media Card Reader, Multimedia Card (MMC), Memory stick (MS), Secure Digital Card, MS-PRO
- 2 USB v2.0 ports
- Touchpad with 2 button
- Intel High Defination VIA Vinyl AC 97 Audio Hardware
- Build-in Stereo 2 stereo speaker system 1.5 Watts each
- Linux with limited functionality preinstalled
- Dimensions: WxDxH – 244 x 191.2 x 35.4 mm
- Li-Ion Battery pack, 4 Hrs backup
- Weight: 1.44 Kgs (with power pack) 900 gms (without power pack)
The HCL Leaptop ‘MiLeap’ X-Series Ultra-Portable cheapest Laptop powered by Intel Celeron M ULV Processor with 2-GB flash drive storage is available in India for Rs. 13,990 (including 4% local tax) and comes with one year standard HCL warranty. Most expensive version of MiLeap X-Series laptop would perhaps be priced at INR 16,990 which comes with 40/80 GB 2.5-inch internal hard drive. Visit www.hclnotebooks.in for more details.
- HCL MiLeap Y-Series Ultra-Portable Laptop
- HCL MiLeap MH04 Ultra-Portable Notebook
- HCL Laptop Mileap V-AXMV0201 Ultra-Portable PC
- HCL MiLeap AXMH0208 Ultra-portable Tablet Laptop
- HCL MiLeap Classmate AXML0301 NetBook
- Sahara S-NB522434-EB00 Ultra Mobile PC With 8-inch Display
- HCL Laptop Price List
- HCL Laptop X22-X2201 Leaptop PC
- HCL Laptop N30-N3001