Seagate has today launched Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 – its first 3.5-inch 1-terabyte (TB) (1000GB) hard drives aimed at wide range of enterprise and personal desktop computer users panting for mega storage capacity for their every growing digital content.
Launched almost 6 months after the launch of Hitachi’s 1TB hard disk drive, the Deskstar/Cinemastar 7K1000, the new Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1000GB harddisk drive is the industry’s most advanced 3.5-inch desktop drive which is built with a fast Serial-ATA 3Gb/s NCQ interface employing a 32MB buffer with 4-platter of 250GB capacity each delivering a total of 180GB per square inch data density.
The Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive, the industry’s most advanced 3.5-inch desktop drive, is built with a fast SATA 3Gb/s interface and will serve as the foundation for Seagate’s 1-terabyte desktop, enterprise, consumer electronics and external hard drives.
Equipped with enterprise perpendicular magnetic recording (PMR) technology, the Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 offers upto 1TB (1000GB) of data storage capacity with 7,200-rpm speeds and average seek times of 8.5 ms. The hard drive also features new RVFF (Rotational Vibration Feed Forward) system, designed to sustain performance in densely packed multi-drive systems.
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive consumes 13W of power in comparison to Hitachi’s 1-TB hard drive which draws about 13.6W. In addition, the Seagate new 1TB hard drive has just 4 platters which results in cool operating temperatures and low-power consumption helping longer hard disk life with less chances for wear and tear.
Seagate claims that the Barracuda 7200.11 1TB hard drive unit is a newly designed product optimised for demanding business-critical and nearline enterprise storage environments including: networked and tiered storage solutions, reference/compliance storage, disc-to-disc backup and restore, archiving solutions, rich media content storage and collaboration.
Company also claims that the new Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive also boosts reliability with an unrecoverable error rate that is 10 times better than desktop class drives and a 1.2 million hour Mean Time Between Failure at full 24 x 7 data availability.
Barracuda 7200.11 hard drive’s Main Features and Benefits
- 3.5-inch height
- 7,200 rpm rotation speed
- Second-generation perpendicular recording (PMR) technology
- Storage capacities of 1 TB (1000MB), 750 GB and 500 GB
- Serial-ATA 3Gb/s NCQ interface
- 4 platters / 8 heads
- Up to 32-MB Cache
- 105MB/s sustained data rate
- Average Latency / seek time – 4.16 ms
- Mean Time Before Failure (MTBF, hours) 750,000
- 5-year limited warranty
Visit www.seagate.com for more details.
- Seagate Launches Savvio 10K.2 and Barracuda ES hard drives
- Seagate Launches 750GB Hard Drive
- Seagate Unveils 10 New Data Storage Products In India
- Seagate Introduces BlackArmor NAS 400 Customizable Network Storage Server
- Toshiba Launches MK2035GSS 2.5-Inch 200-GB HDD
- Seagate BlackArmor PS110 USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Offers 5-GBps Data Transfer Speed
- Western Digital 1-TB Caviar Black SATA Hard Drive
- Seagate Momentus XT 2.5-inch Solid State Hybrid Drive Launched
- Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 3 Terabyte External Desktop Drive Launched