HP has launched brand-new x86 based HP ProLiant ML115 Server, powered by the AMD Opteron Processor designed for general purpose file and print sharing application for small and medium budget conscious business.
The Micro ATX tower styled HP ProLiant ML115 server is powered by 1.8 GHz Dual-Core AMD Opteron Processor 1210, with 2x 1-MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB and it features 512 MB RAM – PC2-5300 DDR2-667 MHz (maximum 8-GB), 160-GB SATA Hard Drive (maximum 2TB – 4×500-GB – SATA), and integrated 4 port Serial ATA (SATA Models) with embedded RAID conytoller.
The ProLiant ML115 offers is an affordable entry-level server provides a resource-efficient computing solution designed to meet both the IT and budgetary requirements of small and medium size business with growing needs. The desktop style server offers the expandability through multiple PCI and PCI-Express slots, four DIMM slots, and a four hard disk drive capacity.
The new HP Proliant ML115 also supports variety of single and dual core processors including Single-Core AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2 GHz), Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1210 (1.8 GHz), Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1214 (2.2 GHz), Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1216 (2.4 GHz), and Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1220SE (2.8 GHz).
The new HP ProLiant ML115 server also offers support for 128MB BBWC RAID levels 0,1 & 5 with lighter, and quieter chassis providing the choice of Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SATA or Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SAS hard disk drives.
HP ProLiant ML115 is ideal for applications such as file and print sharing, web messaging, small vertical applications or databases, shared internet access and LAN infrastructure.
In addition to the standard configuration, HP is offering following components as options to enable customization:
- USB DAT tape drives for value-based backup solutions
- UPS options to help secure data
- Optional drive key via front USB or internal USB for ease of booting
Some key benefits of HP ProLiant ML115 desktop server:
- Desktop Server – Performance of a server at the price of a desktop
- Modular – Being Modular tower server it offers customizable features to form a versatile, dependable backbone for dedicated workgroups.
- Expandability for small businesses – Features, such as AMD Opteron and Athlon processors, DDR II ECC memory, PCI and PCI-Express slots, dual serial ports, four hard disk drive bays, and eight USB 2.0 ports deliver the off-the-shelf functionality with
- Cost Effective – Cost effective AMD Opteron and Athlon processors in combination with the stable and reliable HP ProLiant platform
- Expandable Storage – Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SATA, Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SAS (upto 2000-GB / 2-TB), making storage more reliable, versatile, and affordable.
HP ProLiant ML115 Server Features
- Dual-Core AMD Opteron Processor 1210, 1.8 GHz
- 2x 1-MB L2 Cache, 1066 MHz FSB
- Other CPU Support:
Single-Core AMD Athlon 3500+ (2.2 GHz)
Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1210 (1.8 GHz)
Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1214 (2.2 GHz)
Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1216 (2.4 GHz)
Dual-Core AMD Opteron 1220SE (2.8 GHz)
- Single and Dual Processor Support
- 512 MB PC2-5300 DDR2-667 MHz RAM, Maximum 8-GB
- Integrated 4 port Serial ATA (SATA Models) with embedded RAID conytoller
- 128MB BBWC RAID levels 0,1 & 5 supported
- Storage – Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SATA, Non-hot plug 3.5-inch SAS
- 160-GB SATA Hard Drive, Maximum 2TB (4×500-GB) SATA
- 48x CD-ROM Standard optical disk
- Micro ATX Tower Form Factor with rack mount option kit
- 3 PCI Express and 3 PCI-X Slots or 2 PCI Express and 5 PCI-X Slots using the optional PCI-X Expander cage
- 6x USB v2.0 ports including 2 in the front side
- Networking – Embedded NC320i PCI Express Gigabit Server Adapter
The brand-new HP ProLiant ML115 Server for general purpose networking applications is available for Rs. 35,000 with 3 years comprehensive warranty. Visit www.hp.com/in for more details.