Samsung has recently introduced its premium slide-up design mobile phone, the Samsung D840, a tri-band GSM mobile phone in India which features a integrated 2 Megapixel camera with 4x digital zoom, MP3 Media player with integrated dual speakers, GPRS/EDGE, Bluetooth connectivity, and a unique direct TV out port for connecting phone to TV.
The tri-band GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900 network ready Samsung D840 mobile phone is equipped with large 2.12 inches (32 x 42 mm) 252,144 colors QVGA TFT display with 240 x 320 pixels resolution. The screen allows up to 8 text lines with 4 lines reserved for service needs.
Measuring 98x45x14 mm and weighting just about 99 gms, the new Samsung D840 mobile phone features integrated high-resolution 2.0 megapixel camera with 1600 x 1200 pixels resolution, 4X digital zoom and built-in LED flash light.
Samsung D840 mobile phone is also capable of video recording in MPEG4 compression and sports integrated MP3 media player which supports MP3/ACC/ACC+ music formats. In addition the D840 has a unique direct TV out port to connect the mobile phone to a standard home TV to directly display video and pictures.
Bluetooth v1.2 and USB v1.1 connectivity supported by Samsung D840 mobile phone allows direct printing of images to pictBridge compatible printers and faster connection to bluetooth enabled devices.
Samsung D840 multimedia mobile phone also allows transfer of saved presentations or Word/Excel/powerpoint documents to a projector at the touch of a button using its TV-out connection facility.
Samsung D840 mobile phoneï¿½s other features include support for Polyphonic (64 channels) ringtones and MP3 ringtones, 1000 entries phonebook with 12 fields each and photo calling feature, GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots) support with 32 – 48 kbps speed connection, EDGE Class 10 with 236.8 kbps connection speed, Bluetooth v.1.2 support, USB v1.1 support, PictBridge printing support, Microsoft office document viewer, email client software, WAP 2.0/xHTML Browser for internet over WAP access and built-in handsfree speakphone along with integrated dual speakers.
Having massive 73 MB internal memory (plus 4-MB for Java applications), the new Samsung D840 slider mobile phone also supports microSD memory card with hot-swap functionality and comes with Standard Li-Ion 700 mAh battery which allows upto 250 hours of stand-by time and upto 2.5 hours of talk time on full charge.
Weighing just about 91 gms, the new Samsung D820 slider mobile phone with integrated camera & MP3 media player is quite compact with size of 95 x 51 x 15.2 mm (closed position).
Samsung D840 Mobile Phone Features
- Tri-band: GSM 900 / GSM 1800 / GSM 1900
- 2.12 inches, 252,144 colors, 240 x 320 pixels, 32 x 42 mm QVGA TFT Screen
- 2 Megapixel digital camera, 1600 x 1200 pixels resolution, 180 deg rotating lens (front-to-back), 4X digital zoom, built-in LED flash
- Media Player supporting MP3/AAC/AAC+ formats
- Video (CIF) recording and playback
- MPEG4 video recording & playback
- TV output port
- Polyphonic (64 channels) ringtones / MP3 ringtones
- Dual speakers – 3D sound
- 1000 x 12 fields phonebook with Photo call
- 73 MB internal memory (shared); 4 MB for Java apps
- microSD memory card, hot-swap functionality
- GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 – 48 kbps speed
- EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps speed
- USB v1.1 support
- Bluetooth v1.2 support
- PictBridge support
- Email client software
- Microsoft Office Document Viewer (word/excel/powerpoint)
- Voice memo (up to 60 min)
- Built-in handsfree speakphone
- Standard Li-Ion 700 mAh battery
Stand-by: Up to 250 hrs
Talk time: Up to 2 hrs 30 min
- Dimension: 95 x 51 x 15.2 mm
- Weight: 99 gms
The new Samsung D840 slider-up mobile phone is available in India for Rs. 13,499 (plus taxes) with one year warranty. Visit www.samsung.co.in for more details.