Sony has announced in India its Vaio C series notebook PC which are powered by Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology – 1.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5500 and features Wireless LAN and DVD writer.
The Vaio C notebook PC features Intel 945PM Express Chipset, 667 MHz FSB, 512MB DDR2 SDRAM (upgradeable up to 2GB), 80 GB Serial-ATA, 5400 rpm Hard drive and DVD-RW optical drive.
Sony Vaio C series notebook PC comes with 13.3 inch WXGA wide screen TFT colour display (Clear Bright LCD: Single Lamp, Standard View) which provides maximum of 1280 x 800 pixels resolution using NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with NVIDIA TurboCache graphics hardware with 256 MB of dedicated video memory.
Weighing just about 2.3 Kgs (including battery) the new Sony Vaio C notebook PC sports Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11 a/b/g, Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection and integrated Bluetooth standard v2.0+EDR for wireless networking. In addition the notebook also featrues 10/100 ethernet adapter and integrated V.92 and V.90 compliant Modem/Fax.
In addition, Sony Vaio C notebook also comes with Intel High Definition Audio with 3D audio (Direct Sound 3D support) and has built-in stereo speakers.
The Intel Core 2 Duo processor allows Sony Vaio C notebook PCs to be upto 40% faster and 40% more energy efficient against any older Pentium 4 based systems.
Sony Vaio C notebook is powered by VGP-BPS2C Lithium-ion battery which can provides up to 4 hours of use. Measuring 329.6mm x 36.7mm x 235.6 mm (WxHxD) the new notebook weighs just about 2.3 kgs including the supplied battery.
- USB 2.0 x 2
- i.LINK (IEEE 1394) S400 (4pin)
- S-Video Out connector
- Network (RJ-45) connector (100BASE-TX/10BASE-T)
- Headphone jack (stereo mini)
- Microphone jack (stereo mini)
- Monitor connector (Analogue RGB, mini D-SUB 15pin)
- Modular (RJ-11) connector
- Docking Station connector
- Memory Stick slot (Standard/Duo Size compatible, MagicGate compatible, Memory Stick PRO compatible, High-speed data transfer compatible)
Sony Vaio C Notebook PC Features
- Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology
Intel Core2 Duo Processor T5500 (1.66GHz), L1 Cache: 64KB L2 Cache: 2MB (on CPU)
- Intel 945PM Express Chipset, 667 MHz FSB
- 512MB DDR2 SDRAM (upgradeable up to 2GB)
- 80 GB Serial-ATA, 5400 rpm Hard drive
- DVD-RW writer
- 13.3 inch Wide WXGA: 1280 x 800, TFT colour display (Clear Bright LCD: Single Lamp, Standard View)
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with NVIDIA TurboCache, 256 MB Video Memory
- Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/802.11b/802.11g
- Intel PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
- Bluetooth standard v2.0+EDR
- Integrated V.92 and V.90 compliant Modem/Fax
- Intel High Definition Audio compatible, 3D audio (Direct Sound 3D support) with built-in stereo speakers
- VGP-BPS2C Lithium-ion battery with up to 4 hours of use
- Dimensions (W x H x D) – 329.6 x 36.7 – 37.2 x 235.6mm
- Weight – 2.3kg (including the supplied battery)
The new Sony Vaio C series notebook PC is available in India for Rs. 59,990/- with standard 1 year warranty. Visit vaio-online.sony.com/in for more details.