Sony introduced its CyberShot DSC-W30 digital camera in India featuring a 6.0 Megapixel CCD, Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 3x optical zoom lenses, and a large 2.0-inch color LCD display and is significantly more compact than previous W-series models.
Equipped with 32 MB internal memory for storage, the Sony CybserShot DSC-W30 digital camera supports memory stick DUO/PRO media for expanded storage of upto 4-GB storage. The digital camera support for 6.3 – 18.9mm focal length, aperture range of f2.8-7.1 (W), f5.2-13 (T) and capable of burst mode shoot 3 Shot at 1.43 fps (6 megapixels JPEG fine) or 98 Shot VGA at 1.43 fps (JPEG format).
Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 digital camera sports a large 2.0-inch color LCD screen with 85,000 pixels, VGA movie mode (640 x 480 pixels), fully automated and hassle free point-and-shoot operations, PictBridge printer support and a unique high sensitivity mode which can boost the ISO to 1000 to enable shoot sharp, blur free photos.
The Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 digital camera is equipped with Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar 3x optical zoom lenses and it features ISO settings of up to 1000 and a optical viewfinder in addition to the 2.0 inch screen, which is often missing in other compact class digital cameras.
Sony CyberShot DSC-W50 v/s DSC-W30
Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 is almost identical in features to CyberShot DSC-W50 digital camera except the display size. The only major difference between the two is that the CyberShot DSC-W30 has a 2.0-inch LCD with 85,000 pixels and the CybderShot DSC-W50 digital camera has a 2.5-inch color TFT screen with 115,000 pixels.
Like CyberShot DSC-W50, the Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 is much lighter because its made from a unique plastic-like polycarbonate that Sony calls “metal alloy”, which, otherwise, feel like metal.
Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 comes with 32-MB of built-in memory and uses Memory Stick Duo cards (including Pro models) with maximum 4-GM memory. Sony also includes an adapter which lets you use MS Duo cards in regular Memory Stick slots.
The Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 has high-quality movie recording mode. The MPEG Movie VX Fine mode for VGA-sized video (640 x 480 resolution) at 30 frames/sec with live sound. The VX Fine mode requires a Memory Stick Pro Duo card and a 1-GB Pro Duo card can hold about 12 minutes of video at the highest quality settings.
Allowing high-quality prints by simply connecting to a Sony DPP-FP50 digital photo printer, the new Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 can even create postcards or calendars using the printer’s supplied software. Sony’s ImageStation online photo service expands options to print tens or even hundreds of pictures, create online photo and video albums, or make customized gifts such as photo books and calendars.
Sony CyberShot DSC-W30
The Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 digital camera’s user-friendly controls and simple on-screen Function Guide text/icon display help easy set up camera functions such as sensitivity, brightness and image size.
W30 digital camera comes ready with Lithium-Ion NP-BG1; 3.6V, 960 mAh rechargeable battery which is suffice for about 360 photo shoots and requires 4.5 hours for full recharge.
Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 Digital Camera Features
- Imaging Device – 1/ 2.5 inch Super HAD CCD
- 6.0 effective Megapixel Resolution
- 2.0-inch TFT LCD Screen with 115,000 pixels
- 32-MB internal memory
- Memory Stick DUO or Memory Stick DUO PRO media
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar; 3X Optical, 2X Precision Digital, 6X Digital Zoom
- Focal Length – 6.3 – 18.9mm
- Aperture Range – f2.8-7.1 (W), f5.2-13 (T)
- Minimum Focus Distance – 19.7 inch/50cm Normal; 0.74-inch/2cm in macro mode
- Built-in flash
- ISO: Auto, 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1000
- Burst Mode – 3 Shot at 1.43 fps (6 megapixels JPEG fine), 98 Shot VGA at 1.43 fps (JPEG)
- MPEG Movie Mode
MPEG VX Fine (640 X 480, 30 fps) with Audio, (MPEG VX Fine Requires Memory Stick PRO Duo media) MPEG VX Standard (640 X 480, 16.6 fps) with Audio, Video Mail (160 x 112, 8.0fps) with Audio
- Supports USB 2.0 Hi-speed
- Lithium-Ion NP-BG1; 3.6V, 960 mAh
- PictBridge Compatible
- Dimensions: 3.5 x 2.3 x 0.9 in
- Weight: 127 grams; 157grams including Battery
The Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 digital camera is available in India for the price of Rs. 13,400/- (plus taxes) with one year warranty. Visit www.sony.co.in for more details.
- Sony CyberShot DSC-W50 Digital Camera
- Sony CyberShot WSC-W80 Digital Camera
- Sony CyberShot DSC-N1 Touch Screen Digital Camera
- Sony Cyber Shot DSC-H10 Digital Camera
- Sony Announces CyberShot DSC-H55 Digital Camera With 720p HD Video
- Sony S2000 10 Megapixel CyberShot Digital Camera Launched
- Sony Launches 12 Megapixel S2100 CyberShot Digital Camera
- Sony Launches CyberShot DSC-TX100V, DSC-TX10, DSC-HX7V, DSC-WX10 and DSC-WX7 Compact Digital Cameras
- Sony Announces DSC-W180 and DSC-W190 Cybershot Cameras