Dell has announced launch of its new Precision 390 workstation in India which offers significantly enhanced performance and scalability.
The Dell Precision 390 Workstation offer custom-built configurations including Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme processors to deliver dramatic performance improvements for applications ranging from 3-D entertainment to 3-D engineering design.
The Dell Precision 390 Workstation, according to company, can deliver improved and enhanced computing performance as compared to comparable Extreme Edition processor on the Dell Precision 3801. The new Precision 390 workstation delivers upto 63% improvements in computing performance with up to 56 percent in application benchmarks and up to 88 per cent in graphics performance enhancement for CAD applications, architectural engineering and digital content creation as compared to the comparable Extreme Edition processor.
In addition to the Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme processors, the Dell Precision 390 Workstation features high-performance OpenGL graphics to manipulate high-resolution images and deliver dramatic performance improvements. In addition, the Dell Precision 390 Workstation incorporates an improved chassis that provides excellent flexibility for deployment or redeployment.
Dell Precision 390 workstation offers a smart blend of workstation technologies, including Intel Core 2 Duo and Extreme dual-core processors, Genuine Windows XP Professional or Redhat enterprise linux, up to 8-GB of memory, a range of 2D to 3D OpenGL graphics cards and high performance hard drives.
“Dell’s direct customer relationships enable us to deliver the right features faster than anyone in the industry, which allows customers to do more with their technology today,” said Rajan Anandan, vice president and general manager, sales and marketing, Dell India, “The new Dell Precision systems highlight Dell’s product leadership and ability to provide enhanced system design and performance with the high levels of application certification and service.”
Dell Precision 390 workstation offers following I/O Ports
8 USB 2.0 (2 front, 5 back, 1 internal on motherboard)
1 serial (optional 2nd connector)
Stereo line-in and headphone line-out on back panel
Microphone and headphone connector on front panel
IEEE 1394a connector available on front panel with add-in card
Dell Precision 390 Workstation features
Supports Intel Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme dual-core processors, and Pentium 4 single-core processors.
Scalable architecture performance with a front side bus that scales from a single core 800 MHz to a dual core 1,066 MHz and from 2 MB to a shared 4 MB L2 cache.
Processor Options include:
- Dual-Core Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 (2.93GHz, 1066MHz FSB, 4MB L2 Cache)
- Dual-Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 (1.86GHz, 1066 FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
- Dual-Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 (2.13GHz, 1066 FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
- Dual-Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.40GHz, 1066 FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
- Dual-Core Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 (2.66GHz, 1066 FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
- Single-Core Intel Pentium 4 631 (3.0GHz, 800 FSB, 2MB L2 Cache)
Supports windows and linux OS:
- Genuine Windows XP Professional
- Genuine Windows XP Professional x64 Edition
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux workstation v.4 (Intel EM64T)
Intel 975X Express chipset (motherboard)
Dual channel DDR2 SDRAM system memory
4 DIMM slots support up to 8GB2 dual-channel3 DDR2 SDRAM ECC or non-ECC 533MHz/677MHz memory
- NVIDIA Quadro FX 4500 128MB/512MB
- ATITM FireGLTM V7200 128MB/256MB
Uotp 500 GB SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200RPM/16MB DataBurst
Integrated SATA 3.0Gb/s controller with support for RAID 0/1/5
375 watt power supply
1 PCI-e x16 graphics slot
1 PCI-e x8 slot wired as x4
1 PCI-e x1 slot
3 PCI 32bit/33MHz slot with support for 5v cards
Dell also plans to offer Core 2 Duo mobile processors in a variety of Dell Precision, Latitude, Inspiron and XPS mobile computing platforms in the next few months. Visit www.dell.co.in for more details.
- Dell Launches Precision M6500 Laptop Powered by Intel i7 Processor
- Intel Launches Core 2 Duo Desktop Processor and Core 2 Extreme Processor
- Intel Launches Dual-Core Xeon 5100 Series Processor
- Gigabyte GA-EX58-EXTREME Intel X58 Chipset Motherboard
- Dell Unveils Inspiron 9400 Netebook PC
- AMD Launch Next Generation Opteron Processor
- Gigabyte GA-EG31M-S2 Motherboard Launched
- Nvidia Releases World’s Most Powerful AMD FirePro Graphics Processing Units for Workstations
- Simmtronics Launches Intel G41 Chipset Based G41T-M Motherboard