Seagate Technology last week has launched its two new hard disk drives, Savvio 10K.2 and Barracuda ES, uniquely optimised for a variety of storage requirements in the enterprise environment.
Seagate Savvio 10K.2 hard disk drive
The 2.5-inch Seagate Savvio 10K.2 is a enterprise class disc drive designed to deliver high I/O transaction performance with 1.6 million hour MTBF reliability and up to 146GB capacity. With ultra-low power consumption, and a size that is 70 per cent smaller than conventional 3.5-inch drives, the Seagate Savvio 10K.2 hard disk drive enables system manufacturers integrate more drives into smaller chassis sizes.
- 40% less power consumption
- At 2.5-inch – 70 percent smaller than 3.5-inch drives
- Serial Attached SCSI and Ultra320 SCSI interfaces
- Enables RAID 5 functionality in 1U server, besting 2U IOPS in half the space
- Brings enterprise-class speed and high-density durability to economical blade servers
Seagate Barracuda ES hard disk drive
The Seagate Barracuda ES is uniquely designed to address storage needs of today’s fastest growing applications, such as servers and data protection schemes such as disk-to-disk, virtual tape, snapshots and virtualisation etc.
The Seagate Barracuda ES enterprise SATA disc drives is uniquely designed to address today’s high-capacity server and storage arrays. With 24×7 reliability and 50 percent more capacity than other drives in its class, the Barracuda ES is designed to meet the requirements of capacity-intensive business applications.
The 7200-RPM Barracuda ES features Rotational Vibration Feed Forward (RVFF) technology to sustain performance when placed in closely packed multi-drive system environments and has added Workload Management feature designed to help protect the hard drive when thermal temperatures begin rising due to sustained heavy workloads.
- 250GB, 400GB, 500GB, and 750GB storage capacity
- Perpendicular recording technology
- Designed for 24×7 operations
- Sustained performance in high drive-count server and storage systems
- 8 to 16-Mbyte cache and native command queuing (NCQ) for enhanced performance
Sherman Black, Seagate senior vice president and general manager, enterprise computing said: “Seagate’s latest solutions provide a significant boost in capacity and reliability that far exceed prior generations in meeting the needs of our OEM and channel customers who in turn serve IT professionals”.