Sony has announced the launch of its first digital single lens reflex (DSLR) camera in India, Sony Alpha DSLR-A100, which features a 10.2 megapixel super HAD CCD image sensor and a unique autofocus viewfinder.
The Alpha DSLR-A100 digital camera is powered by 19 high-quality lenses and is compatible with a majority of the existing Konica-Minolta Maxxum mount lenses.
Sony DSLR-A100 digital camera’s 10.2 megapixel sensor is a Super HAD (Hole Accumulated Diode) CCD with Super SteadyShot OIS, anti-dust filters and vibration, and Bionz Image Processor hardware.
A Indium tin oxide coating on the DSLR-A100 camera’s CCD image sensor strongly repels static dust build-up, while each time the camera is turned-off an anti-dust feature gets activated that shakes off dust particles.
In addition, the built-in, high-speed Bionz image processing engine enables DSLR-A100 capture high-speed burst shooting up to 3fps (three frames per second) at 10.2-megapixels. With the supplied lithium-ion battery, the new camera is capable of shooting up to 750 shots at full charge.
With high light sensitivity of up to ISO 1600 and Sony’s very own Super SteadyShot image stabilization technology, the new DSLR-A100 camera efficiently combat blurry pictures by shifting the image sensor to compensate the camera movements.
The DSLR-A100 digital camera also equipped with Sony’s Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) for digitally analyzing captured image data to determine the best exposure and color tonality for images before actual JPEG compression for storage.
Sony DLSR-A100 features three Carl Zeiss lenses; an ultra-wide, 16-80 mm Vario-Sonnar T zoom model, a Planar T 85 mm model, and a Sonnar T 135 mm model and camera supports the full range of accessories ranging from flashes to cable releases to re-chargeable battery packs supplied by Sony.
Other DLSR-A100 features:
- Eye-start auto focus
- 2.5-inch clear photo LCD plus screen with 230,000 pixels resolution
- JPEG and RAW file format support
- Slot for CompactFlash Type I/II and Microdrive media cards
- Adaptor for Memory Stick PRO and Memory Stick PRO Duo media cards
- Autofocus Viewfinder
- 9-point phase detection autofocus
- ISO sensitivity to a maximum of 1600
- Shutter speeds from 30 to 1/4000 second
- Built-in flash with a guide number of 12 meters
- NP-FM55H lithium ion rechargeable battery
The DSLR-A100 camera is expected to ship in July 2006 for around Rs. 45,000 ($900). The camera will be available at SonyStyle.com, Sony Style retail stores, and authorized dealers across India.
- SONY DSLR-A580 Digital-SLR Camera Launched; Offers Full 1080p HD Video Recording, 3D Sweep Panaroma
- SONY DSLR-A560 Digital-SLR Camera Launched; Offers Full 1080p HD Video Recording, 3D Sweep Panorama
- Sony NEX-5 and NEX-3 Digital Camera Launched in India
- Sony Announces NEX-VG10 Interchangeable Lens HD Camcorder
- Sony Launches SLT-A55V & SLT-A33 Digital SLR Cameras; Offers Full 1080p HD Movie Recording
- Sony Launches CyberShot DSC-TX100V, DSC-TX10, DSC-HX7V, DSC-WX10 and DSC-WX7 Compact Digital Cameras
- Sony Announces CyberShot DSC-H55 Digital Camera With 720p HD Video
- Sony CyberShot DSC-N1 Touch Screen Digital Camera
- Sony CyberShot DSC-W30 Digital Camera