Toshiba, Japan’s leading notebook PC manufacturer, has recently lauched its multimedia notebook, Qosmino F20, with Intel Centrino Mobile technology with an Intel Pentium M processor 750 and featuring Intel PRO/Wireless (802.11b/g) for easy wireless connectivity to the Internet.
Toshiba Qosmio F20 notebook is a four-in-one digital notebook featuring a 450NIT (2lamps) High Luminance Clear SuperView 15.4-inch wide-screen display capably of 1,280 x 800 pixels of resolution, down from G20’s 17-inch 1,440 x 900-pixel resolution. It also comes with integrated TV tuner, digital video recorder (DVR), DVD SuperMulti double layer drive, virtual surround-sound stereo speakers.
Toshiba Qosmio F20 notebook PC comes with three USB 2.0 and one FireWire port. The standard 5-in-1 card reader is able to handle most flash cards in the market. Network connectivity is handled by the ethernet port, modem and wireless card that can link with 802.11b and 802.11g routers.
The built-in TV tuner in Qosmino F20 allows capturing local TV program broadcasts with Toshiba’s unique ‘time-shift recording function’ which enables simultaneous capture and playback of television programs. Graphics is driven by Nvidia’s GeForce Go 6600 chip with 128MB of dedicated video memory. The Qosmio F20’s ‘Qosmio player’, which allows users to watch TV, DVDs or listen CDs with remote control without booting up the Windows operating systems.
It comes with Toshiba’s High Luminance Clear Super view display technology and the QosmioEngine for brighter colours and higher contrast. Two Harman Kardon speakers combined with SRS TruSurround XT technologys ensure better audio sound and video content.
Toshiba Qosmio F20 notebook features
- Intel Pentium M processor 750 – Intel Pentium M 1.86 GHz
- Installed Memory 512 MB (DDR2 SDRAM)
- Display 15.4 in. WXGA TFT Active Matrix
- Intel PRO/Wireless (802.11b/g)
- DVD Writer – Dual Layer DVD±RW
- NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 – Graphic Bus Interface PCI Express
- Expandability 1 x Memory Stick Card Slot, 1 x MMC Card Slot, 1 x Type III PC Card Slot, 1 x Memory Stick PRO, 1 x xD Card Slot
- Expansion Ports 4 x USB 2.0, 1 x IEEE 1394a (FireWire), VGA out, PS/2 Port, RJ-11 (modem), RJ-45 (NIC), S-Video out
- Security Features Screen Blank (Hotkey), Slot For Cable Lock, Power-On Password, Administrator Password
- Remote Control
- Integrated 10/100 Integrated Wireless LAN Data Link Protocol
- Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
Coming in at size large, this 373 x 274 x 43.2mm, Toshiba Qosmino F20 notebook PC weighs only 3.6 kg fully loaded and is available in India from its authorised distributors, HCL Infosystems (www.hclinfosystems.in) at price range between Rs. 1,20,000 and Rs. 1,35,000 without taxes.