Nokia has launched its latest Smartphone, Nokia 6708 targetted to business consumer that incorporates handwriting recognition. This compact mobile phone is equipped with a unique pen-based touch screen input with Chinese and English language character recognition.
Nokia 6708 is the very first candybar type design mobile phone from Nokia to have a stylus, which can be used all over the 2.66-inch, 208×320, 65k color screen and features xHTML/HTML browser.
The touch screen input enabled Nokia 6708 includes a 1.3 megapixel camera with anti-shaking, powerful voice features, a large high-resolution display and Bluetooth connectivity to support office and scores of multimedia applications all bundled in a tiny gadget weighing just about 150 grams in 116 cc space with 52 mm thickness.
The Nokia 6708 smartphone also features improved security via a Remote Lock feature which can be engaged by sending the mobile phone an SMS from any other mobile phone which locks the phone.
Nokia claims that the new 6708 smartphone offers superior voice features, quite a large screen, and large memory to support office and multimedia applications including Personal Information Management and Internet browsing.
Nokia 6708 smartphone also features video recording and a multimedia player for playback of MP3, WAV, MIDI, AAC and AMR digital audio formats, an Infrared remote control application to control a variety of consumer devices.
The Nokia 6708 mobile phone has 18 MB of built-in memory expandable to maximum 2-GB using a miniSD cards. The phone runs the company standard SymbianOS UIQ 2.1 operating system like the Sony-Ericsson P-series mobile phones and comes with QuickOffice suite pre-installed.
Speaking at the product lauch yesterday, Nokia Enterprise Solutions country general manager Chakrapani GK said, “The pen-based touch-screen user interface allows users to write in simplified English text and conveniently access the phone’s features. The pen input uses a full display screen to write in continuous strokes and has a virtual keyboard to touch type messages and data. It supports POP3/IMAP4/SMTP email protocols with attachments.”
Nokia 6708 Key Features
- Touch screen with full-screen continuous handwriting
- 65,536 colors, Active matrix TFT, 208 ×320 pixels display
- 18 MB built-in memory
- Hot swapable slot for easy SD and mini SD card insertion and removal
- Triband GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz
- Calendar, contact, e-mail, SyncML, voice recording, productivity applications
- 1.3 Megapixels camera with up to 16 multishot and anti-shaking – Settings for night, brightness adjustment, image quality, self-timer, white balance settings, and color tones
- Video recording – Video recording in .3gp format recording with .3gp and MP4 format video playback
- Image viewer formats include JPEG, BMP, GIF, MBM, PNG, WBMP
- Integrated Music player with quality speakers, capable of playing AMR, WB-AMR, AAC, MP3, WAV, MIDI, SP-MIDI, i-melody, AU, GSM-AMR and WB-AMR formats
- Hot swap memory (SD and Mini SD) card
- Bluetooth and IR to connect compatible accessories
- For email connectivity, supports SMTP, POP3, IMAP4, MIME and MHTML protocols with attachments viewers
- WAP 2.0 xHTML/HTML multimode browser
- QuickOffice: Powerpoint, Word and Excel file formats (.ppt .doc .xls)
The Nokia 6708 is equipped with more advanced features and applications to enhance work and play such as voice commands, GPRS, and conference call mode. As a fully integrated communication tool, this multipurpose phone also doubles as a universal infrared remote controller for a wide range of devices.
The Nokia 6708 mobile phone is avilable across India at price around Rs 21,500/- including one year company warranty.
- Nokia 2610 Entry Level Mobile Phone
- Nokia 7710 Mobile Phone
- Nokia 3230 Mobile Phone With Camera And FM Radio
- Nokia 6000 Mobile Phone
- Nokia Announces X6 Smartphone Offering Upto 128-GB Internal Memory
- Nokia 9300 Communicator Mobile Phone
- Nokia Unveils E50 – Targeted At Mass Market
- Nokia E50 Mobile Phone Launched In India
- Nokia E50 Smartphone