According to a report by IAMAI, India’s online job seeking population grew by 71 percent from 3.8 million in 2004-05 to 6.5 million in 2005-06. The IAMAI report puts the market size of the Indian online recruitment industry at $32.9 million.
According to a study conducted by Internet & Mobile Association of India (IAMAI), about 100 million Indians are expected to use the Internet by 2007-08 from the present 38.5 million. As a result, the number of online job seekers is expected to cross 9.2 million this year (2006-07).
IAMAI President Subho Ray suggests that there are enough reasons as well to search for a plum job on the net.
“Internet is the most immediate, convenient and comprehensive resource for employment seekers to research for jobs and careers and the online job sites apart from offering a huge data bank offer myriad of tools both job seekers and employers,” asserts IAMAI President Subho Ray.
- Microsoft increases investment in advertising and search technology
- The ‘SAKSHAT’ $35 Touchscreen Tablet PC – To Be Build By HCL Infotech
- India’s ‘SAKSHAT’ – $35 Touchscreen Tablet Launching this Month for real!
- Intex to Launch Cheapest Android 2.2 Powered Smartphone in India in Feb 2011
- India Launches ‘SAKSHAT’ – Rs. 1,500 / $35 Touchscreen Tablet PC
- ‘Big Daddy’ – Google’s latest major overhaul of its algorithm
- Google Launches New Products
- Logitech Unveils M570 Wireless Trackball With Leave-in Logitech Unifying Receiver
- Facebook Testing Free Internet Access Service via Wi-Fi Hotspots @ Local Businessess