According to leading software industry body, National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom), Software and services exports from India grew 33 percent during the period 2005-06 to $23.6 billion.
Nasscom said the overall Indian software and IT enabled services industry grew 31 percent in last fiscal to $29.6 billion.
The overall software and services industry will grow by 25-28 percent in 2006-07 to $36-38 billion, Nasscom predicted.
IT and ITES exports are likely to grow by 27-30 percent in 2006-07 to $29-31 billion.
The number of employees in the IT and ITES sector grew to 1.29 million in 2005-06 from 1.05 million in 2004-05.
- $30 GSM Mobile Phone Handset launched
- Microsoft increases investment in advertising and search technology
- 9.2 Million Indians Expected To Seek Jobs Online By 2007
- Infosys plans to spend $100 millions on training
- HP Launched HP ZR30w S-IPS & Compaq S Series LCD Display Capable of 1 Billion Colors
- Fujitsu Launches PRIMERGY RX900 S1 x86 Eight-Socket Rack Server
- Microsoft Offers Windows Live Messanger Beta with VoIP
- Dell Introduces Eight Dell 1000 Series LED and Color Laser Printers
- Google Offers Rs. 2,500 Free Advertising on Google AdWords Network to Indian SMBs