Sony has launched VAIO VGN-SZ18GP notebook based on Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Processor Technology which is designed using Hybrid Graphic System.
The new Sony VAIO VGN-SZ15GP runs on the latest dual-core Intel Centrino platform with magnesium alloy chassis and while a premium version of this notebook has stronger carbon-fiber exterior with a faster processor and host of security features.
Made from the black carbon-fiber, the same material as the chassis of race cars made of, its exterior is very light, yet stronger and more scratch-resistant than magnesium alloy. This notebook has an understated and classy black-and-grey theme which sits well in an office environment.
Sony’s VAIO VGN-SZ18GP incorporate the Hybrid Graphic System. To extend battery life, the integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950 GPU is more than adequate for simple computing tasks without consuming excessive power. But a flick of a switch enables the system reboot into dedicated Nvidia GeForce Go 7400 processor which utilize 128MB of TurboCache VRAM to boost performance, though at the cost of increased power consumption.
There is an integrated hi-res Webcam at top of the display screen enabling video conferencing a breeze. With extended 7 hours of estimated battery life, leanthy presentations would not be an issue with this ultra thin and light weight notebook PC.
Sony has incorporated a host of security features in this notebook which would surely appeal corporate users. The Sony VGN-SZ18GP has a fingerprint biometric sensor, Trusted Platform Module chip and hard drive password protection up its data security sleeve. Using Sony’s built-in software, user can encrypt files and login by mearly placing his finger on the fingerprint biometric sensor.
To protect the vital information stored in hard disk, its hard disk is physically protected with a 3D acceleration sensor that secures the hard drive if it detects sudden drops or shocks to the system.
Sony VGN-SZ18GP has refined 13.3″ wide Clear Bright LCD and full-pitched, full-sized keyboard which increase the ease and efficiency with plenty of space to work and play. Set in Carbon Black colour sophisticated design details create a style suited for any occasion.
Sony VGN-SZ18GP Features
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2
- Processor: Intel Centrino Duo Mobile Technology, Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2400 (1.83GHz)
- L1 Cache: 64KB L2 Cache: 2MB (on CPU)
- 512MB DDR2 SDRAM (2 SO-DIMM slots, one occupied)
- Hard Drive: 80GB (C:20GB, D:60GB) Serial ATA, 5400rpm
- Integrated Wireless LAN IEEE 802.11a/b/g
- Optical Drives:
Reading Speed: DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD+R DL (Double Layer): 4x / DVD-ROM: x8 / CD-RW: x12 / CD-R, CD-ROM: x24
Writing Speed: DVD+R, DVD-R: x4 / DVD+RW, DVD+R DL (Double Layer): X2.4 / DVD-RW:x2 / CD-R: x24 / CD-RW: x10
- Graphic Accelerator: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400 with NVIDIA® TurboCache
- Video Memory:128 MB (shared with main memory)
- 13.3″ Wide (WXGA 1280 x 800) TFT colour display (Clear Bright LCD)
- Built-In Camera: 310,000 pixels effective / Image Device: 1/8″, VGA CMOS / Lens: 2 elements in 2 groups, F4 (Fixed)
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 4-pin i.Link (IEEE 1394) S400
- ExpressCard™/34 Slot
PCMCIA Type I/II x 1(Cardbus Support)
- RJ45 Ethernet
- RJ11 Modem
- Memory Stick Duo Slot
- Bluetooth® standard version 2.0+EDR,
- Modem: V.92 and V.90 Compliant
- Ethernet: 100 Base-TX/10 Base-T
- Audio: Intel High Definition Audio Compatible, 3D audio (Direct Sound 3D support), Built in Stereo Speakers
- Battery: Up to 7 hours of use with supplied lithium-ion battery (at STAMINA MODE)
- Dimensions: (WxHxD): 315× 21.8 (minimum) – 32.6 (maximum)× 234.3mm
- Weight: Approximately 1.69kg (including supplied battery)
Sony VGN-SZ18GP is available at about Rs. 1,25,000 all over India which includes one year warranty.