Microsoft India today announced its plans to launch its next generation video gaming and entertainment system ‘Xbox 360′, in India later this year around Diwali and would set up a retail network for its distribution across 7 cities.
Mitch Koch, Microsoft Entertainment and Devices division, told reporters that Microsoft’s next generation gaming console ‘Xbox 360′ will be available for pre-order starting in June 2006, though actual delivery would commence by Nov or Dec 2006.
The company would set up 1,200 retail centres across 7 cities, including four metros, in the country, he said.
Xbox 360 is totally unlike its bulky and black predecessor. It is sleek and white, and it can stand on one end like a book or lie flat like a DVD player. Its 20-GB hard drive and three powerful processors will enable high-definition graphics and surround sound.
Many Xbox 360 features are designed for non-gamers. These includes watching movies, playing music, viewing slide shows or holding video chats. It has three USB ports to connect digital cameras, music players and other devices.
The Xbox system would have 20 titles at the launch and henceforth, 7-10 titles would be added to it every month, Microsoft Entertainment and Devices Division India Country Manager Mohit Khanna said. By June 2007, the company is expected to connect 6 million Xbox live members across the world and the system would be available in around 40 countries, he added.
Microsoft said it hoped to set up 1,200 retail outlets in India’s main cities of New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata and the tech-hubs of Bangalore, Pune and Hyderabad. Microsoft has also extended its global partnership with MTV and Samsung to India for the launch.
Microsoft has tied-up with Adidas for its pre-order promotion, which would provide the users the Xbox 360 game console with a introductory 10% discount at about Rs 19,990. In the United States, it sells the Xbox 360 and a controller at between $299-$399, while a game costs another $50-60.
- Microsoft To Launch Xbox 360 In India
- Logitech Introduces Z506 Surround 5.1 Speaker System
- Microsoft Unveils ‘Kinect’ for Xbox 360 – Allows Users Direct Xbox With Body Movements
- Epic Games and EA Announces ‘Bulletstorm Epic Edition’ for Xbox 360 Video Game Console
- Logitech F540 Wireless Headset For PS3 and Xbox 360 Launched; Offers Voice Chat & Game Audio
- Sony Cuts PlayStation Portable Console (PSP) Price by 15% in India
- SteelSeries Launches Siberia V2 LiveMix Headphones For PS3 Game Console
- Logitech Launches Z623 THX Certified Speaker System
- 2K Games: Mafia II Epic Crime Saga Now Available as Downloadable Demo For Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 System