Graphics card vendor ATI Tech has announced the introduction of the new Radeon Xpress 1100 series of chipsets aimed at providing longer battery life and better performance for today’s notebook computers.
The latest Radeon Xpress 1100 chipsets for notebooks from ATI promises support for AMD Turion 64 X2 technology, better battery life, a 33 percent faster graphics core, and support for Microsoft Windows Vista.
The ATI Radeon Xpress chipset deals with Mobile AMD Sempron, Mobile AMD Athlon 64, AMD Turion 64, AMD Turion 64 X2 processors, complying with Advanced Power Management settings.
The Radeon Xpress 1100 series will be available through leading notebook OEMs, including Fujitsu-Siemens Computers, Gateway, and HP.
Chris Cloran, vice president, mobile division, AMD, explains:
“As industry leaders, ATI and AMD share a common goal to improve the mobile computing experience by increasing and optimizing performance, while driving thin and light notebook designs. AMD Turion 64 X2 mobile technology has been designed for that purpose, with long battery life and reliability. When combined with ATI’s Radeon Xpress 1100 series of chipsets, the two complementary technologies, designed for power efficiency and performance, deliver a leading-edge mobile computing experience,” he said.
The Radeon Xpress 1100 series chipset also supports up to eight USB 2.0 connectors, and up to seven PCI slots on single motherboard. The onboard audio controller supports 7.1/5.1 channel output AC-97 sound.
Fujitsu-Siemens Computers, Gateway, and HP-Compaq, Dell and other leading notebook manufacturers are expected to starting using Radeon Xpress 1100 series chipset in next couple of months.
More information on this chipset is available at http://www.ati.com/products/mobile.html
- ATI Launches Crossfire Xpress 3200 and Radeon Xpress 1100 Chipsets For AMD Socket AM2
- NVIDIA GeForce GPU To Power Fujitsu Siemens Notebook
- ZOTAC Releases ZOTAC M880G-ITX WiFi and 880G-ITX Motherboards Powered by AMD 800 Series Chipsets
- Toshiba Satellite L30-C330 Notebook PC
- Gateway Launches NS Series Gateway NS10, NS30, NS41 and NS51 Notebooks
- Dell Vostro 1000 Notebook PC
- Fujitsu LifeBook S6311 Notebook PC
- Gateway LT3201u Netbook Launched with AMD NEO Dual-Core CPU & ATI Discrere Graphics
- Gateway ID49 and ID59 Series Notebooks Launched; Powered by Intel Core i3/i5 Processors